Sunday, December 30, 2012

Five Days Until the Release of Ruby Red





When I sat down and created the world of ION, I wanted an equalizer for humans—without making them into superheroes. Being the gamer that I am, lamented how it wasn't possible for people to do what the MC of video game, Assassin's Creed, could. My brilliant husband proved my wrong and sat me down in front of my first Parkour video.

Parkour, also known as free running, is practiced in urban areas. It is part martial art and part philosophy. It is amazing to watch the discipline, dedication, confidence and the fearlessness of these athletes. I would probably pee myself at some of the heights involved.

What I loved the most was you didn't have to be super human to practice it and exactly what I was looking for.

I've attached a 'how to' video which was really good at breaking down the steps and making the sport look more feasible to the average Joe. Tomorrow I will go into the origin of Parkour. How far back does the practice go??


No comments:

Post a Comment