Thursday, December 27, 2012

Excerpt #4 Dreams of the Forgotten


Every week this month I'll share excerpts for one of my books.  This week is excerpts from Dreams of the Forgotten (Sumeria's Sons #3) scheduled for release on March 26, 2013.

ENJOY!!!

Chapter One continued...

© 2012, Lexi Ander


The sun hadn't breached the horizon.  I lay in bed warm and cozy next to my lover.  I listened to the soft inhalations of Ushna's breathing, and stared at his beautiful masculine face.  Long dark eyelashes brushed the tops of his cheeks, lips pink, and slightly pouty in rest, his blue-black hair sweeping across his bow and getting caught in the dark stubble along his cheek.  His sun darkened skin glowed with his vibrancy, even in his sleep.
Dreams aside, I loved waking up before Ushna so I could watch the sun paint the face of my consort with the colors of dawn.  I’d listen to his breathing, watch his chest rise and fall, making the iridescent scales of his albino Caduceus looked like liquid silver.  Being with him in moments like these, I knew where I was supposed to be.
Much had happened in the three months since I found out that I, Tristan Javed Ksathra Janick, was not only Lycan royalty but the last and only Prince of the Enkidu bloodline.  This jolting revelation changed my life forever.  I went from being an insignificant alpha with a tribe of two, to having one of the fastest growing tribes, with the largest contingent of Lycan warriors outside of the hearth tribe back home in Georgia.
Changes were made to our ranch as a part of the infrastructure we were setting up before Ushna and I would step from the shadows and revealed our identities to all Lycans as the royal couple and I the future king.  Having security in place before going public with the announcement was imperative because assassins had murdered those who came before me.  Recent events with the Magi College made us question who to trust, especially after Caspian MacCuill, a member of the governing Magi Triad, tried to kidnap my consort, Ushna, and our childhood friend and Magi, Gregori Borchetta.  


You can find me on:
Facebook: Click Here
Twitter: Click Here
Blog: Click Here
Email: lexi.ander.author@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment