Monday, December 10, 2012

Excerpt #2 SFW Twin Flames

Every week this month I'll share excerpts for one of my books.

This week from Twin Flames (Sumeria's Sons #1).

Purchase Link: Click Here

Silver Blog Hop Followers, your list will always be at the bottom if you are looking for snowflakes!  :)

Chapter Five continued...
© 2012, Lexi Ander


I needed to run off my disappointment and sorrow. I'd known there was a possibility Ushna didn't see me as anything more than a friend. I'd hoped for more, I'd gambled on it and lost. As I chased stringy jack rabbits I tried to convince myself it was okay. I didn't have to have Ushna in my bed to love him. I'd love him anyway he'd let me. So I hunted rabbits and chased a coyote out of my territory. I rolled in the dirt, snagging a burr or two in my fur that took forever to scratch out before I headed home.
Ushna was waiting for me on the porch. He leaned against the frame of the back door, his face in shadow, arms crossed over his chest. It was a good thing I'd brought a peace offering; I dropped the rabbit in my mouth at his feet.
I padded to the door, hoping he'd open it for me because I really didn't want to talk to him right now. As far as I was concerned, breakfast was early enough to have this discussion. But he didn't move, so if I wanted to go in I'd have to change back.
I allowed myself to fall back into my human form. I opened my eyes as I crouched naked on the porch. I'd never wanted to cover up my body more than I did in that moment. I felt vulnerable and exposed as Ushna stared at me. I stood and went to the door. I was determined to get to the relative safety of my room.
"Tristan, I didn't know…"
I interrupted him. I really, really didn't want to have this conversation now when the pain of his rejection was still so close to the surface. "It's fine. We're fine, it's okay." I reached for the door knob and Ushna grabbed my hand.
"Damn it, would you stop for a minute," he growled.
Okay, we were going to have this conversation now. I pulled in a breath and looked up at Ushna. "Okay."
"I didn't know you were trying to get my attention. You've always shied away from touching me so I didn't think you'd ever be interested, I thought there was something about me…"
"Ushna, it wasn't you. Any touch hurt. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. You have to know I'd do anything for you." My chest hurt but I refused to reach up and rub it.

"Is that what this is, you doing something for me?" His voice was low, guttural, his eyes searching my face.
"Goddess, no," I breathed, taking a step closer to Ushna, my hand still in his as I reached for his waist, "this was me wanting to love you."
This time it was he who kissed me. No, he didn't just kiss me. He devoured me, and Goddess help me, I let him.


You can find me on:
Facebook: Click Here
Twitter: Click Here
Blog: Click Here
Email: lexi.ander.author@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. The excerpt sounds so good, Lexi! You are a new Author to me. Glad I found you through the Hop.
    Happy Holidays!

    ~Rush~
    taina1959@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rush! The excerpt continues tomorrow and each day for the rest of the week so make sure you check back. Have a great holiday season!!

      Best Wishes!
      Lexi

      Delete