Saturday, August 27, 2022

What's on the Reading Radar? #read #WishList #TBR

 The week got away from me and I was thinking about letting this week's radar go. But I'm going to do the a last minute scramble.

Series: 
Author: Aja Foxx
Length: 231 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Gay

Notes: Herby is one of the most adorable characters that I've read recently. If you're looking or something cute and fluffy, here you go.

This is my first book by this author and I went to look at their backlist. Something to note, there is an author's note at the beginning that states they played with the mythology a bit. They made their own world so don't go in with expectations.

Blurb: Herby

I needed a boyfriend to keep my father from marrying me off to a man handpicked by him. What better way to get one than to summon a demon? When I found a book of shadows in my grandfather's attic, I knew I'd found the answer, but something went wrong. Instead of summoning a demon, I ended up in hell. What was I supposed to do now?

Hades

Judging souls was boring. Ruling the underworld was boring. Everything was boring. I needed something to happen to keep me from going insane. I never imagined the fates would answer my unspoken prayer by dropping a human into the underworld, and I'd certainly never met a human quite like Herby. He confused me, amused me, and drove me crazy. Why else would I agree to be his boyfriend?

Note: This story was originally part of the Fate's Call Anthology - Manlove Edition. It has been revised and extended by 21,000 words.

Warning: Gay erotic romance. The material in this book contains explicit sexual content that is intended for mature audiences only. All characters involved are adults capable of consent, are over the age of eighteen, and are willing participants.

Series: 
Author: Ruby Dixon
Length: 190 pages

Genre: Romance / Fantasy

Notes: This was a fun read with a bit of humor inserted in strategic spots. It's more on the erotic side than I'd anticipated but I only skimmed a little. The story left me felling happy and I liked this so much I went back to see if she had any other fantasy romances. 

Blurb: Lady Iolanthe of Rockmourn Keep expects to be a spinster all her days. She is very tall. She is very poor. And she is thirty. What lord could possibly want her?

But then her father returns with news that he has found a bridegroom for her - one that is impressively tall. One that is strong, and bold, and wealthy. And best of all? He wants Iolanthe. It seems too good to be true.

And when Iolanthe gets her first look at her husband-to-be, she realizes why.

No one mentioned the 'orc' part of things...



Series: The Reckless Damned, 1
Author: Lark Taylor
Length: 324 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Gay

Notes: I'm about 30% in and enjoying it so far. #reading

Blurb: Cal and his brothers turned their backs on the family business over a hundred years ago. Hell is tired of waiting for them to return.

Cal

I’ve never wanted a relationship—especially not with a human. With my father demanding my return to Hell and a demon leaving dead bodies in my bookshop, now is not the time to lose my heart. But one look in Oscar’s broken eyes, and I know I’m in trouble. Oscar’s been hurt before, and everything in me screams to keep him safe. How can I do that when I know being with me will only put him in more danger?

More importantly, am I strong enough to walk away from him?

Oscar

After escaping my last relationship with broken bones and an anxiety disorder, I’m tired of living half a life. My world revolves around my classroom, flat, and best friend. When fate throws Cal in my path, he seems too good to be true. He looks like he’s been pulled from my fantasies, and my baggage doesn’t scare him. Ok, so there’s the tiny issue of him being a demon, but I’ve dealt with far scarier.

I’ve been broken once before, and I don’t think I’d survive it again. Can I let down my barriers enough to let Cal in?

Devil’s Mark is a thrilling high heat, hurt/comfort, M/M contemporary paranormal romance with a HEA and no cliff-hanger. It features a possessive demon and the broken teacher who captures his heart. ‘Devil’s Mark’ is the first in The Reckless Damned series but can be read as a standalone. Each book focuses on a different couple and will have a HEA.

Trigger warning for emotional abuse and domestic violence in a previous relationship, anxiety attacks, and descriptions of violence.

Title: Notorious
Series: 
Authors: Charlie Cochet, Macy Blake
Length: 317 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Gay

Notes: Finished this last night. It was enjoyable. I am happy to see that the next book is about different characters. I had some niggles about the pace of the investigation, so if you're going to jump into this thinking there will be investigations and sleuthing on page, don't. This is not that kind of story. I'm looking forward to meeting the next couple.

Blurb: Caspian Drake knows what it takes to get ahead in modern-day shifter society. He is an Earl, after all, and known for his wit, style, and ability to charm the pants off of anyone he chooses. Getting his best friend Brandr, the Prince of the Dragons, in and out of trouble is only one of his many talents. When a horrible attack shakes Cas’s world, he’s forced to pair up with Saphir Vepkhia, the esteemed tiger shifter and former Captain of the Royal Guard.

Upon retirement, Saphir is granted the title of Baron Archer and, much to his dismay, becomes part of royal society. Years later, when he’s summoned to the palace, the last thing Saphir expects is for the king to request a favor that ties him to the scoundrel, Caspian Drake. Despite his misgivings, Saphir accepts the assignment, knowing it will give him the access he needs to infiltrate the wealthy and powerful while trying not to get outfoxed by the exasperating Earl.

Forced into a fake relationship by an outdated matchmaking ritual, Cas and Saphir each face the upcoming season with their own agenda. The secrets pile up as the two mates navigate the complexities of a modern world that plays by historic rules. But the closer they get to the truth, the greater the danger–and their attraction to each other–grows.

With their lives on the line and the very foundations of their society at risk, Cas and Saphir must unravel the mystery, even if it means creating a scandal more notorious than their newfound love.


Series: 
Author: Rosalie Spencer
Length: 186 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Sci-Fi Setting / Polyam Romance /

Notes: This is on my 'read next' list. So I picked this up when it was recommended in a group after I read the bottom of the blurb. This is supposed to be a sweet and fluffy FF polyamorous romance. Something to note, FM means the female is the dominant partner. That made me smile lots because this a dynamic that is hard to find.

Blurb: Valerie isn't like other beta shifters, she likes being in control. Andrea isn't like other omega shifters, she likes a bit of pain with her pleasure. Together, they like playing with alphas, but just for temporary fun. That is, until Valerie's childhood rival comes back to town and Valerie decides she's going to show her once and for all, by making their most recent conquests a permanent addition.

Jada was taught that, as an alpha, she should be strong but she was never taught to be gentle until her childhood friend rejected her. She ran after that, found her own mate, Hayden, found happiness with him... until she hears that Valerie has returned to their home town. Now they both have mates, surely they can clear the air. But when Jada sees Valerie for the first time in years, she knows that giving the beta woman an apology isn’t going to be enough.

This is an immediate burn, super spicy standalone fantasy novel intended for audiences of 18+ that centers the experience of the two mated shifter women who enter a polyamorous/reverse harem relationship, it includes tropes of enemies to lovers, second chance romance and a guaranteed HEA. Content warning; includes FM, FF, MFMF and MFFF, as well as BDSM.


Thank you for stopping by and reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment