Friday, August 5, 2022

What's on the Reading Radar? #read #reading #TBR #WishList

Man, the week blew by (And I wished I gained $100 every time I said that!) Writing is coming along alright. I'm trying to up my game exercising because here lately, I've become this bottomless pit. Hungry all the time. Not much crocheting going on, so not a lot of audiobooks being consumed. Reading has been fun.

Series: Savage Planet Series, 1
Author: Kassie Keegan
Length: 424 pages

Genre: Romance / Erotic Romance / Alien Sci-Fi / Bisexual /  

Notes: This says 'steamy' and I would upgrade it to spicy . This is a standalone polyamorous romance that leans heavily into erotic romance. The sex scenes are important to push the main plot line, so there are plenty of them. That being said, they are also important in showing the Lio culture and practices. We learn a lot about the Lio people in and out of bed. There is plenty of information given about the characters that I got sucked in, wanting them to find happiness and peace. There are several full page illustrations throughout the story. I really enjoyed seeing everyone come together and there were several hints as to other romances that might be coming. There are a couple of people who snagged my interest that I would like to read more about.

If you follow the Radars, you know that I usually don't read high heat books. I love my plots with some spice on the side, so this was not a typical read for me and left me wanting to know so much more about this world. I'd also like to know more about Aubrey and Daniel and their abilities, how the pride would utilize them... and just there was a lot I wanted to know beyond the group's relationship. I was reading last night (I'm writing this up on Friday) and for some reason I thought it was going to end with a cliffhanger. So I stopped and figured I read the rest when the next book came out. It wasn't until I was putting this post together that I reread the blurb to see that this is a standalone. Whew. No cliffhangers to dodge. I look forward to the next book in this series or whatever else this author decides to write. 

Blurb: A woman scarred by loss…

… must choose to trust.

Will she release the past to embrace love or lose everything?

Aubrey watched her mother die in agony, abandoned by those sworn to protect her. Despite being adored by worthy males; Aubrey holds herself back.

Is it keeping her from true love?

Strong, steady Commander Ferrand, silently bold Léandre and tech-genius Jovian claim their places in her heart while waiting for her to choose the last member of their Coalition.

Who will she select to join them?

When Daniel arrives, he triggers her irresistible Call to Mate, plunging them all into untamed desire.

Aubrey must trust herself to her mates’ care and surrender her heart, body, and soul or die, leaving her mates abandoned and forever bereft.

Can she conquer her fear to embrace true love?

You’ll adore Savage Planet Embrace because it’s overflowing with steamy romance where everyone deliciously falls in love with everyone ending with a tantalizing happily ever after.

BONUS CONTENT INCLUDED! Savage Galaxy Rescue includes beautiful, exclusive black and white illustrations of the Lio Heroes to enhance the reader's experience.

Title: Ambrosius
Series: Paranormal Council Enforcers
Author: Taylor Ryan
Length: 294 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Gay

Notes: I'm in the middle of reading this and already have some thoughts. I don't think that I've read this author before, but something about one of the back stories seem familiar, so I might be wrong. This is s spinoff from one of her other series and this claims to be a standalone series beginner. Yes and no, it really depends on how easy it is for the reader to not focus on all the names that are given throughout. Some of them I've come to know and others aren't important to the story so I ignore them. Readers who have read her other works will probably recognize the name drops, I'm one of those people who can ignore them until they interact with the character more than once.

That being said, it is a meaty mpreg romance. There is a disclaimer that some of the overarching plot arcs aren't going to be resolved. With everything that is going on in this book, I'm hoping for a couple of resolutions. I guess we will see how things go. It's an interesting world.

Blurb: When you’re the created vampire, and discover your fated mate is a dominant dragon alpha, what could go wrong?

Master Ambrosius was created over a millennium ago and had come to terms with spending his life alone. He has his coven, his second, and a few close friends, but he continues to be haunted by the memory of his fated mate running from him in terror. That is, until the goddess sends him to Montana, and he discovers his body reacting to a sexy alpha with wide shoulders and dark eyes. Surely there’s some mistake though, right?

Emmerich was born on Treasure Ridge, the mountain his grandparents claimed several centuries ago for a reason that wasn’t yet known. Like his brother, he longs for his mate and children but knows they aren’t on their mountain. Emmerich’s dragon insisted he would find his mate in Sicily, but after weeks of searching, he comes back to Treasure Ridge, where his dragon scents the most amazing thing. Mate. When he discovers the scent is coming from the created vampire, he’s not sure about the pairing but is more than willing to accept the match.

Together, they discover a desire for unexpected things. But while they are happy switching roles at certain times, the council is still forming, and they discover an evilness none expected. Will they be able to stop the threat before their family is harmed?

Ambrosius is Book One in the Paranormal Council Enforcers series. Each book in this series will focus on a different couple, but these books are not standalones and should be read in order as there is an ongoing backstory that won’t be resolved quickly. This is a fated mate MPreg story in an MPreg world, and you should expect all the normal vampire shenanigans, and remember that love bites in unexpected places. Especially when your beloved is a sexy dragon.

Series: Her Irish Treasures
Author: Joely Sue Burkhart
Length: 200 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / RH

Notes: I just got notice this week that the third book in this trilogy released. Yay! I read the first book a while ago and held off reading the book 2 until 3 was out. So bumping this up the TBR.

Blurb: Four hot Irishmen sitting in a leprechaun’s bar… All staring at me like I’m his pot of gold.

Oh yeah, I’m one lucky woman. But everything isn’t rainbows and lucky charms with my four Irish treasures. Warwick may have helped me break the curse trapping Doran as the stone gargoyle, but the guys don’t trust the leprechaun. At all.

Worse, demons are pouring into our world unchecked despite the four treasures being reunited. I am their treasurekeeper, the conduit that allows their magic to flow, but there are disturbing holes in my memory. Someone doesn’t want me to remember…

And these whiskey-drinking, tattoo-loving, motorcycle-riding badasses are quick to leap to the conclusion that I’ve been lepre-conned.

Series: 
Author: Delaney Rain 
Length: 152 pages

Genre: Romance / Alien Sci-Fi / Gay / Language Barrier / Polyamorous / 

Notes: This popped up here on my radar recently and it sounds interesting. 

Blurb: Luc Martin was abducted by aliens over a month ago and has been stuck in a cage on a spaceship with three women ever since. On either side of their cell are two alien prisoners who both seem to have a thing to staring at Luc. Oh and everyone’s naked.

Then comes the moment when escape is possible, and Luc makes the decision to free Bolaico and Teranu in the hopes that they know how to do more in outer space than he does. And boy do they! A fight through the ship, stealing a shuttle, and crash landing on a strange planet get the group of five away from their abductors…but now what?

Following through on the idea that Luc could be the aliens’ thank you gift for all their help sees him giving into desires up in a tree and in a hot springs pool inside a cave. As time passes, and despite a language barrier with both aliens, Luc discovers he’s begun to care about his aliens. But do they feel the same?

When their captors track them down and force a confrontation that includes the native population on this planet, their futures will be decided by the choices that they make. When Luc’s aliens have the chance to return to their lives, where does he fit in?

Thank you for stopping by and reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment