Saturday, November 2, 2019

What's on the Reading Radar? #reading #wishlist #TBR

What have I been up to this week? Well, reviewing edits on Surrounded by Crimson and Dragon's Eye. They are set up for pre-order through Smashwords. I also got the 1st round of edits back for Constant... So, yep, more edits.  

But I've been reading A Lot. Usually, I mostly listen to audiobooks so that I can crochet, but I'm in between projects, so I am tackling books that were on the TBR but not audio.


Title: Stalked by Shadows
Series: (A Simply Crafty Paranormal Mystery Book 1)
Author: Lissa Casey
Length: 346 page

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Things that Go Bump in the Night / Gay / 

Notes: It's Friday as I create this blog post and I'm about 40% through this book. I LOVE it. I have work to do today and I'm really tempted to abandon it all so I can go back to reading. :D EDIT: It is Saturday morning. I finished the book in the early a.m. and loved it. Can't wait to see what comes next!

Blurb: A missing girl, ritual murders, and a shadow stalking every footstep.

Alexis Caine survived an attack in the deserts of Afghanistan. An attack the government denied and discharged him for, leaving him broken and in a mental institution. What Alex saw that day in the desert continues to haunt him.

When a new job working as a bodyguard for a New Orleans ghost tour guide, Micah Richards, opens Alex’s eyes to a world of paranormal possibilities, he’s not sure he can believe his eyes. What if he’s not crazy after all? When a ritual murder in which two fellow tour guides die and a tourist vanishes, Alex wonders if he brought a curse down upon them all.

A shadow from the desert rears its nightmarish head offering Alex something he wants more than anything, but at what cost?



Title: Queen Take Camelot
Series: Their Vampire Queen, 10
Author: Joely Sue Burkhart
Length:

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Vampires / Myths & Legends / 

Notes: Gwen is not my favorite queen. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike her and I enjoyed her story, but she is not Shara. She wasn't meant to be like Shara, and I understand that. She is a minor queen and part of the foundation Shara has set down, so she's important. But I have thoughts on other things in this story that will probably encourage me to write a review. I still enjoyed the story though it felt unfinished which could mean there will be more about Gwen and her knights later.

Blurb: The Once and Future King has always been my curse.

You think King Arthur is a hero.
You blame me for the fall of Camelot.
Because I refused to choose.

Yes, I loved Lancelot. Once upon a time, I loved Arthur, too. I loved all of his friends, even Merlin, the cantankerous wizard.

But Arthur’s jealousy destroyed our love. He smashed the Round Table, banished Lancelot, and locked me in a burning tower. He would rather see me dead than love another man. Even his best friend.

So now I’m doomed to repeat this grim tale over and over until Arthur wins my love. But this vampire queen will never choose Arthur. Not after what he’s done. I will certainly never choose him over Lancelot.

I will never settle for just one knight. Not when I can have them all.

Oh, and this time? Arthur will be the Once and Dead King, because Camelot is mine.

This expanded version contains both Queen Takes Camelot & Queen Takes Avalon!



Title: Perfect Pride
Series: Gesa's Menagerie, 9
Author: Kaye Draper
Length: 116 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Urban Fantasy / Poly / Bisexual / 

Notes: I was about half way through book 7 and I paused because I had caught up with the binge read and wanted to wait for books 7 and 8. Things were getting hairy and I didn't want to wait at the end of 7 for the last two. My schedule got crazy so I didn't get back to this series until this week. Then I blitz read through them all. Great series with a lot of action. I would love to read other stories in this universe. There is still a lot of mystery around side characters that I wouldn't mind delving into. :D

Blurb: The final book in the sexy, snarky, no-holds-barred Gesa's Menagerie series!

Gesa just wanted to finally settle down for some damned peace and quiet with her pride. But of course her kraken has decided to go off looking for long-lost family...and now the ancient sea monster has fallen into the clutches of the sirens.

Once she gets Kai back home, Gesa is going to ban the pride from leaving the house. Permanently. Krakens attack, gryphons rampage, demons plot, and all the monsters finally find a home.

This is the last book in the main series, with a spin-off planned at a later date.




Title: Fourth Point of Contact
Series: (Legends of Lobe den Herren Book 1)
Author: AJ Sherwood
Length: 355 pages

Genre: Romance / Fantasy / Gay / Demisexual / 

Notes: I have finished my binge reading of AJ Sherwood. Loved it all. Want more. I sound like a zombie.

Blurb: Not once in the past five years has Castle Warden Sho Renjimantoro regretted following his best friend to Aart. How can he regret it when he finds open acceptance regarding his sexuality from everyone around him (even if they don’t understand it), and he gets to be with the man most important to him?

No, finding someone in this country is a fantasy best forgotten.

General Arman Brahms, finally home from deployment, has waited over two years to show Ren he's wrong, that fantasies can come true. Unfortunately, his plans get put on hold to help Ren solve the crisis unfolding in the castle.

Someone is doing their level best to make sure the engagement of Prince Charles and Princess Alexandria of Scovia falls through—by fair means or foul. In addition, they’re trying to make Ren deemed incompetent and dismissed from his position. While hunting for the perpetrator, Ren and Arman do everything in their power to protect those they’re sworn to before the irredeemable occurs.

And along the way, prove that even an ordinary life can become extraordinary.




Title: Consorts of the Red King
Series: 
Author: Eden Winters
Length: 364 pages

Genre: Romance / Sci-Fi / Poly / Gay /

Notes: #wishlist

Blurb: In deepest space the ruthless Federation lays waste to one rebel colony after another, leaving comrades-in-arms Van Orskey and Tayn Kassik without family, without a home, and without hope.

With nothing left but each other, they run contraband and smuggle fugitives from the safety of their ship, the Cormorant—with the occasional clandestine mission for the rival Coalition thrown in. Their heists have not gone unnoticed, though even the bounty on their heads doesn’t prevent them from being a thorn in the enemy’s side at every opportunity.

Pissing them off? Big mistake.

From the day of his birth Prince Jorvik of Akiak learned duty, wisdom, and honor from his father, leaving him ill-equipped to withstand betrayal by his Federation-puppet uncle. He has no love for the greedy off-worlders who plunder his world’s natural resources and enslave his people. To defeat his foe, he needs the cunning, fearlessness, and touch of treachery only outlaws can offer.

Two off-world mercenaries make unlikely partners in Jorvik’s quest for vengeance, but the more he learns of them, the more common ground he discovers. In each other’s arms they find passion, heat, and maybe, a reason for living—until their common enemy threatens to tear them apart.

To survive, they must take on the corrupt Federation.

And win.

A standalone novel based in The Sentinel universe.



Thank you for stopping by and reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment