Friday, April 8, 2022

What's on the Reading Radar? #WishList #TBR

I have no idea what I want to put on the Radar this week. I've been rereading and crawling my way through a couple of audiobooks. I'm in this gray space where I want to read, I have started a couple of books and though I like them well enough, I'm just in the mood for a different storyline. What that storyline is, I don't know. Not that I have to the time to become absorbed into something. My niece is visiting this weekend, so it's not like I'm going to have the time anyway.

So, I'm going to go with a Wish List list today. :)


Title: Mazarin Blues
Series: Hep Cats of Boise, 1
Author: Al Hess
Length: 285 pages

Genre: Science Fiction

Notes: I'd heard this is really good and has LGBTQ+ representation. I'm hoping that isn't as angsty as it sounds.

Blurb: Having an obnoxious AI in your head will really cramp your style, daddy-o.
 Introvert Reed Rothwell is part of a subculture of art deco era enthusiasts, pushing back against bland mainstream society and its mandated technology. Stuck with an AI assistant in his head is bad enough, but when he's inflicted with a forced upgrade to a new beta version, named Mazarin, the navigator starts to take on feelings and opinions of his own.​

When rumors spread of beta navs turning on their pilots, Reed is determined not to become a victim. Mazarin hasn’t become violent yet—the AI is sympathetic and understanding—but with beta participants coerced into slitting their own throats, it’s only a matter of time before Reed is next.

The AI megacorporation already has an unhealthy interest in Reed, and all the beta testers who have sought help for their navigators have disappeared. The swingin' cats of the deco scene have the means to illegally terminate Reed's AI. But Mazarin has never tried to harm Reed—he loves Reed.

Grappling with ridding himself of intrusive technology, the morality of hurting his self-aware AI, and avoiding the attention of a company that wants to sweep Reed’s existence under the rug might be too much for one hep cat to handle.


Title: The Reaper Incarnate
Series: Reaped, 1
Author: CA Rene
Length: 155 pages

Genre: Romance / Fantasy / Dark Comedy / RH

Notes: I asked for a reaper recommendation and this was one of them.

Blurb: The Reaper is hot on your tail, What have you done? You’ve made it onto her list, Who did you hurt? The hunt is just the beginning, How far can you run? Your soul is hers to reap, Where can you hide? Watch out for her scythe, Why do you cry? The life of a vigilante is meant to be a lonely one, Roaming darkened streets and collecting secrets. Until the four of them forced their way into mine, Stirring up feelings I didn’t know I had. But if they try to fuck with my plans, My pretty knife will be through their throats and my bloody scythe on their foreheads.


Title: The Alien Emissary
Series: Interspecies Alliances, 1
Author: Eryn Ivers
Length: 94 pages

Genre: Romance / Alien / Gay

Notes:

Blurb: The metal tentacles tightened around Bryant’s wrists and for the first time in years he finally felt...safe.

When Bryant breaks into the ship of a powerful Qeshian emissary, he knows he might get caught. But he needs the money to save his daughter, and for her anything is worth the risk.

What Bryant doesn’t know is that Emissary Serihk can see everything that happens on his ship, and he’s got enough flex metal tentacles packed into its every nook and cranny to do something about it.

But when Serihk has Bryant bound and kneeling on the floor, the feelings the human brings out in him are far from vengeful...



Title: Never Trust a Guy with Fangs
Series: Coven of Eaton Falls, 1
Author: Mia Monroe
Length: 325 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Vampires / Witches / Gay

Notes: I've been looking forward to this one. The cover is different since I saved this when it was on pre-order.


Blurb: Waking up in my enemy’s bed is just the start of my problems.

The first rule of being a witch: don’t trust the vampires. My entire life has been filled with stories of our warring covens. We tenuously coexist in the New England city of Eaton Falls, where the locals think we’re merely the stuff of fairy tales and horror movies.

We live life as the mortals do, keeping our magic behind the scenes. Everything is fine until the day I wake up inside notorious Eaton Manor, in the bed of none other than the sexy and terrifying head vampire, Augustus Rainier, with no memory of how I got there.

His presence makes my skin tingle and my heart beat just a little faster. I know the inherent danger of associating with violent, often unpredictable vampires. I’ve got bigger problems, though, when I discover my coven is in hiding, leaving me on my own.

When danger shows up at Eaton Manor, it becomes clear it’s not only the witches in trouble. Both covens need to decide: do we fight separate battles against the same enemy or break every rule in our history and join forces to defeat a common foe? The other major question—will possessive and domineering Augustus let me go when this is over?

Never Trust A Guy With Fangs is an MM paranormal romance. It is book one in the Covens of Eaton Falls series featuring a rebellious twink of a witch with eternal optimism, an edgy vampire with a strong mistrust of witches, two stubborn and quirky covens, a threat from an unknown enemy, and a dangerous desire that could tear apart tradition, all in a beautiful New England backdrop. It is not a standalone.

Thank you for stopping by and reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment