Friday, November 5, 2021

What's on the Reading Radar? #read #WishList #TBR

What a week! Got Cherish's release date schedule and the ARCs went out. The website is updated, the newsletter went out, book blast is scheduled, and the meme making has begun! In case you missed it, Cherish will be releasing December 1st. The pre-order is up on Amazon and it will also go up on Smashwords, B&N, Kobo, and iBooks later this month.

Reading this week has been light and I've done more gaming than reading. So I'm going to focus on the list of releases I was interested in but I was distracted. (So, this is more like a reminder to myself to take a look at these. LOL)


Title: Blooded
Series: 
Author(s): Nat Kennedy
Length: 390 pages

Genre: Fantasy / LGBTQ

Notes: I've not read Nat Kennedy before. I have noted that this is not listed under romance. It also seems to be a standalone. 

Blurb: A broken mage. A penitent vampire. Can they put aside the horrors of the past to save each other?

Plagued with erratic. volatile magic, Nicodemus Green focuses his entire life to stop an evil sorcerer who brainwashes or kills anyone in his path to domination. Ten years into this crusade, Nick stumbles upon his former Academy instructor in the Austrian Alps. The strict and pious Byron Domitius has cloistered himself in an isolated manor. Alone and starving, he hates the twisted, damned creature he has become.

A prophecy calls for Nick and Byron to bond by blood to finally bring an end to the sorcerer's hidden agenda. The two are forced to see beyond their shared past, and Nick finds himself desiring more from his old instructor than just his magic. But are these emotions real, or do they come from the heat of their bond?



Series: (Exiled Pack Book 1)
Author(s): Fel Fern
Length: 276 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Alpha-Omega / Gay

Notes: 

Blurb: An Omega who’s trying to get his life back together. An exiled Alpha who just wants to be left alone. Fate brings two broken souls together to make them whole.

Caden Hill’s life is in tatters. Thanks to his ex-boyfriend, he lost his high-paying job, and he’s now living in his car. When his warlock best friend invites him to a sanctuary for lost paranormals, it’s a new start for Caden. He’s sworn off romance… until a gorgeous Alpha saves him from a fate worse than death. Lee’s sexy, protective and thoughtful, but he’s broken, just like Caden is. Caden’s taste in men is awful, but maybe he can make an exception for Lee.

Branded as a murderer by his old pack for killing his father, all Lee Marshall wants to do is forget his past. He runs an animal shelter with three other misfit Alphas like him. Lee thinks he’s finally found peace, but something is missing in his life. The answer lies in Caden. Caden is his bright ray of sunshine, but Lee doesn’t believe a killer like him deserves a shot at happiness. When a former pack mate begs Lee for help, Lee finds himself at a crossroads. Will he choose redemption or his fated mate?

Moon River Rogue is a mpreg shifter romance that features a reluctant Alpha with a dark past, a broken Omega keen on pursuing him and plenty of adorable rescue animals. It is the first book in the Exiled Pack series. There are no cliff-hangers or cheating, and a HEA is guaranteed.

Series: Sweetverse Novel
Author(s): Kathryn Moon
Length: 

Genre: 

Notes: So I got the release date of this one wrong. It releases October of 2022. Whoops. I'm too lazy to delete it off the list. I'm going to need the reminder, I just know it. LOL

Blurb: Faith & the Dead End Devils is an upcoming standalone in the Sweetverse series.

Sweetverse stories include:
Baby + the late Night Howlers by Kathryn Moon
Lola & the Millionaires: Part One by Kathryn Moon
Lola & the Millionaires: Part Two by Kathryn Moon
Lyric and the Heartbeats by Lana Kole
Fighting Instincts by Lana Kole
Bad Alpha by Kathryn Moon
All Packed Up by Lana Kole
Faith & the Dead End Devils by Kathryn Moon

Title: Frenzy
Series: Shadow Bred, 2
Author(s): Grace McGinty
Length: 311 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / RH / 

Notes: Grace McGinty writes more polyam than RH so I'm not sure what category to put this in. The first book was polyam with different dynamics. I'm expecting this to be the same. I hope the Generals gets his ass kicked hard enough he bounces through Canada.

Blurb: My Beta says I have a saviour complex, and considering my life's work had revolved around saving my half-sister and getting revenge for my father, he may have been correct. Sure, I accomplished it by becoming one of the most feared criminals south of the border.

I never said I was the good guy.

Now my sister was safe after exacting revenge for us all, and I was at a loss. What the hell did I do now?

Well, I did what any sane criminal overlord would do; I packed up my stuff, handed over the reigns to my empire and moved to Montana. But first, I had to rescue the Omega that I didn’t save when I was just a kid. How hard could breaking into a secret government facility in the middle of the desert, which was surrounded day and night by armed guards, really be?

For a human, probably impossible. But I wasn’t human. I was Manix.

However, not everyone was happy that I was moving to the Manix stronghold in Maxton, least of all their aged Alpha General. I swear, I’m not usually impulsive, but I never, ever, back down from a challenge, and the people of Maxton were about to learn that firsthand.

Especially a pretty Beta female with a smile like the sun.

Frenzy is the second standalone novel in the Shadow Bred series. This is a reverse harem novel.


Series: (R'iyah Family Archives: Volume Book 1)
Author(s): AJ Sherwood
Length: 386 pages

Genre: Romance / Fantasy / Gay / Polyam /

Notes: I completely forgot that I preordered this and didn't realize it was waiting until I created this post! LOL Kinda of funny that this has more tags than blurb.

Blurb: One mage, Bel Adams – needs a familiar, gun shy about being rejected by one again.


One familiar, Nico di Rossi – Army Ranger, needs a change of pace and a new purpose in life.


Plus one familiar, Garen Adan – Secret Service, needs his ex-lover Nico back.

One second chance – all for the taking.

Tags:
Mages, BOGO familiar, familiars as bodyguards, familiar bond, M/M/M, second chances, workplace romance, fated mates, magical shenanigans, Garen is part gargoyle, Bel part demon, Nico is a golden retriever in human form (though not literally), idiots in love, seriously I don't know what to do with them, Bel loves Garen just because he wants to love him, possessive behavior, not a single degree of chill from any of them, Nico is not allowed caffeine, Nico loves swords, Wicky is his supplier, lightsaber sounds, competency kink, Garen cannot be moved, he moves when he wants to, evil cults strangely don't clean up after themselves, absolutely no one's surprise

Thank you for stopping by and reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment