Friday, November 12, 2021

What is on the Reading Radar? #WishList #TBR

 Y'all, almost everyday this week has been Friday, that is how my week has gone. There has been some reading frustration so I've been doing more gaming and re-listening of some favorites as I peruse my existing To Be Read list. There are a couple of pre-orders that I'm waiting on, so Yay! 

Title: Serendipity
Series: (Damnation MC Book 1)
Author: Grace McGinty
Length: 195 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Heaven-Hell / Motorcycle Club / Poly

Notes: Because I haven't been able to find something like Good Deeds, I decided that I would whittle down my TBR and get some books off my list. I expected a lot of DNFs, there always is since I'm so picky. This one stuck and I was about half way through when I became curious about a side character, Hope, and I wanted to read her story. This was pretty good, a bit on the violent side which is expected with motorcycle club books, but there is also the added mystic of Luc (Lucifer) and these four horsemen. I enjoyed it enough that I did look up Hope's book and decided to start at the beginning of that series. This does end on a huge cliffhanger, but the next book is out. I think this is a duology and therefore complete, but you might want to double check if you want to read this. 

Blurb: From Purgatory To Damnation.

Some one-night stands are bad, and some are just epic moments of fail. Two pump chumps, three-inch champions, guys who still live in the basement of their Mom's house; these are bad. Having sex with a slumming Archangel and ending up in Purgatory? Way, way worse.

After being rescued from Purgatory by an unlikely ally, Serendipity thought she could go back to living out her immortal years in relative obscurity. But then her stomach begins to swell, and she has to face the fact that she'd become impossibly pregnant. For the first time in her long life, she felt real fear.

When her allies smuggle her into the protection of Damnation MC, an Outlaw Motorcycle Club with more than a few secrets of their own, she can add unwanted attraction to her list of problems.

Judas, dark and mysterious, the President of the MC has no time for Sera or her problems.

Cain, his tattooed exterior hiding a damaged heart.

Solomon, a ladies man with a beautiful face and a blood-soaked past.

Goliath, crazed and brutal, who hates women and seemed to hate Serendipity in particular. Now Sera has to decide if she can trust them, or if the only person she can trust to save her child is herself.

SERENDIPITY is a spin-off of the Hell's Redemption Trilogy but can be read stand-alone. This is Book 1 in the Damnation MC Duology. SERENDIPITY is a Reverse Harem romance, contains M/M scenes, some scenes that may make readers uncomfortable



Series: 
Author: Grace McGinty
Length: 851 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / RH

Notes: All three books in this box set are about different FMCs. They might be read as standalones but they follow a family so you might want to read in order. I'm glad that I am. I'm on the second book now. The first is about the seven deadly sins and it was kinda of cool to read something related to that meme that went around a while back about a regular person living with demons of the seven deadly sins. I did do a squinty-eye at the guys who were from a time and worshipped a different pantheon, but where still under the Devil/God umbrella. I felt the explanation why was flimsy and plothole-ish, but not enough to take away my enjoyment of the book. I'm on book two now, so I can't comment on  it until much later. But I've enjoyed what I've read so far. 

Blurb: THE COMPLETE HELL'S REDEMPTION SERIES including bonus Novella! a #Whychoose romance with the devil, swearing, M/M, inappropriate gifts and orgies in Hell.

THE REDEEMABLE : BOOK ONE

Arcadia’s dying. But that’s okay.

She was prepared to spend her last years alone, working boring temp jobs and eating cereal straight out of the box, until the inevitable moment that her heart finally gave out. That way, she wouldn’t cause anyone any unnecessary grief, and that was noble, right?

But a chance meeting on the subway changes everything. Now she's living with not one guy, but seven intriguing men who are all as sexy as, well… sin. But she'll soon discover that there is more to the guys than their attractive appearance and their disconcerting willingness to take care of a complete stranger.

They are the embodiment of a Seven Deadly Sins, pawns in an ancient bet, and apparently so was Arcadia, who was meant to be some kind of savior.

They chose the wrong girl. Death was knocking at her door, and so was the Devil.

****

THE UNREPENTANT: BOOK TWO

Estrella had a hero complex. Her twin sister, Hope, had teased her about it for as long as she could remember. She’d always been ready to go to battle for the underdog. She loved her job at the Boston P.D., loved that she could make a difference to people’s lives.

But when Hope is abducted outside a conference in Geneva, Estrella’s carefully ordered world takes a sharp left turn into darkness. Vowing revenge on the human traffickers that abducted Hope, she begins her hunt for justice.

Throw in her best friend, two wildly inappropriate gifts from her pseudo-parent Lucifer, and a sexy mercenary from her past, and she has everything she needs to break the people who broke Hope. Blood will spill and her inner darkness will rise, but Estrella doesn’t care. She may have a savior complex, but what people didn’t seem to realize was she had never been the good twin.

****

THE FALLEN: BOOK THREE

Hope had always been different. The child that should never have been. A fragile creature who’s empathy made her universally loved by those who knew her. An anomalous mixture of both humanity and the Divine, she walked the line between human and something more.

After she was abducted while on a business trip in Europe, Hope is forced to try and find herself beneath the emotions and expectations of others. However, that’s a hard thing to do when she is surrounded by Fallen Angels that all seem to want something from her. Mephistopheles looked at her like she was the key to something he had lost, and Gusion was haunted by a million possible futures that only he could see.

Then there was The Angel of Death who kept appearing to stare at the “aberration” like she was as an animal at the zoo, and a hitman who’d been coerced into being her unwilling bodyguard. Her life was a complicated mess.

If only she knew what was to come…

**** Bonus HELL'S REDEMPTION SERIES Novella: UNHALLOWED ****


Series: Quest Investigations, 2
Author: EJ Russell
Length: 219 pages

Genre: Mystery / Slow Burn Romance / Paranormal / Gay

Notes: This releases the 14th. I can't wait.

Blurb: This case is really going to the dogs…

After I try a little off-the-books interrogation to locate my selkie almost-boyfriend’s nearly-ex-husband (don’t ask, it’s complicated), I’m in the doghouse again with my bosses, who bust me back to surveillance. Ugh. So when another human inexplicably storms into Quest Investigations—something our security spells ought to prevent since I’m supposed to be the only human admitted to our offices—I’m reduced to staking out local fast food restaurants to check out the guy’s alleged sighting of a giant, glowing-eyed, dumpster-diving spectral hound.

Ridiculous, right? Humiliating, too, not to mention boring. But at least they didn’t fire me.

Imagine my surprise when there actually is a giant, glowing-eyed, dumpster-diving spectral hound—one of the Cwn Annwn, Herne the Hunter’s traitor-tracking dog pack, to be exact. Jeez, who let this dog out? It’s my case, though, so it’s up to me—Matt Steinitz, aka Hugh Mann—to return him to Faerie. But while Herne’s normally hopping kennels are inexplicably unpopulated by pups, they’re playing host to one extremely dead body.

Uh oh. Looks like someone’s bite was a lot worse than their bark.

Guess my love life will have to take a back seat again while we nose out the truth.

Dammit.

The Hound of the Burgervilles is the second in the Quest Investigations M/M mystery series, a spinoff of E.J. Russell’s Mythmatched paranormal rom-com story world. It contains no on-page sex or violence, and although there is a romantic subplot, it is not a romance. The series is best read in order.



Title: The Professor's Dragon
Series: (Here Be Dragons Book 2)

Author: Louisa Masters
Length: 231 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Gay

Notes: This releases the 18th. I can't wait.

Blurb: It was love at first sight… with my professor. What’s a dragon to do?

For two years, I’ve been pining over Professor Sarris. I knew the moment I saw him that we were meant for each other, but it’s not to be. For one thing, I was his student, and he’s the most ethical man I know. For another, he has no idea I’m actually a four-thousand-year-old dragon from another dimension.

When my people fled to Earth to avoid extinction, I vowed to clean up my life and stop acting like a fledgling. It’s bad enough that nobody takes me seriously… sure, maybe I used to be flighty and irresponsible and caused a few interspecies incidents, but that’s all in the past. I have big plans for the future, and this college gig is the first step in proving myself. I’m not endangering this fresh start for anyone.

But then my professor and I wind up at the same party, and suddenly it seems he’s not completely out of reach. Except I’m still the adorable flirt nobody wants to rely on, and convincing him we should be together while proving I’m a changed dragon is a monumental task.

Good thing I’m up for the challenge.

Thank you for stopping by and reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment