Friday, July 24, 2020

What's on the Reading Radar #Read #Reading

Today's Radar will be all about what I actually got to read over the last two weeks as we moved. All of these I have read or am currently reading, and I would recommend. 

Series: (Charybdis Station Book 1)
Author: CW Gray
Length: 144 pages

Genre: Romance / Sci-Fi / Gay

Notes: I enjoy this world (with both its series) immensely and one of my rotating re-reads. It's fun, low angst, and endearing.

Blurb: Welcome to Charybdis Station!

Dr. Verion Morrick is complicated. No, really. Not too long ago, Verion was simply a divorced research scientist on Frost Veil that wanted to reconnect with his estranged son. Now, a few years and one death and resurrection later, Verion is a new person - both Death the Crellic Element and Verion Morrick. One being that helped protect the galaxy from an insidious evil.

With the war over, Verion isn't sure where he belongs, but there is one thing he is sure of. His fated life mate is an adorable gentle giant named Valentine Philbert.

Val isn't a complicated man. He spends his days working in maintenance and taking care of his teenage son. He has his friends and his family, and never thought to want more. He believed his chance at a lasting love died along with his wife years ago. Then he met Verion and knew the delicious scent of his mate immediately. In the midst of a galactic war, Val had to put their happiness on hold, but now the war is over, and Val wants his mate.

Unfortunately, the path to happiness isn't always easy. The citizens of Charybdis Station aren't quite sure what to make of Death now that they don't need him anymore. Can a weapon of war and a gentle maintenance man find their happily ever after?

Author's Note: 38,000 words. This is a m/m sci-fi/fantasy romance story with mpreg and a HEA. There is a little action and a lot of love included. 18+ readers only, please. It is also book one in a new series, Charybdis Station which is a spin-off series of The Blue Solace. It is best read after The Blue Solace.



Series: 
Author: multiple authors
Length: 404 pages

Genre: Anthology / Romance / Paranormal / Vampires / Average Joe / Gay / 

Notes: Anthologies can be a hit or miss with me. Rarely do I come across one where there isn't a story that I didn't enjoy. They were all different from occupations to circumstances or the types of relationships. Plus, I got to sample new-to-me authors. I would definitely recommend this book.

Blurb: Not all vampires are idly rich. Some of them have day jobs. Er, night jobs.

In a world struggling to come to grips with the existence of vampires, where reactions range from excitement to fear to determined disbelief, these vampires are just trying to make ends meet. Some of them do mundane work—like waiting tables or driving a cab. Others have more prestigious careers in medicine and crime prevention. But what all their jobs have in common is people. Unpredictable, interesting, frustrating, hostile, helpless, tasty people.

Whether they’re pouring drinks, answering phones, hacking into a computer system, or serving up the perfect food/wine pairing, these working stiffs are too busy to fall in love. Or are they?

This International Workers Day, celebrate by sinking your teeth into thirteen awesome stories about vampires at work. Because even the undead have to earn a living. Proceeds benefit the WHO's Covid-19 Response Fund.


Bad Blood by Lyra Evans

Bad Decision by H.L Day

Call My Number by Megs Pritchard

Dial a Vamp by Roberta Blablanski

Fangs for the Memories by Sadie Jay

Fire and Ice Cold Skin by Mel Gough

How To Keep an Author (Alive) by AJ Sherwood

Graveyard Cops by Crystel Greene

Life Hacks by Eliott Griffen

Long Haul by Tanya Chris

Off the Menu by R.J. Sorrento

Overexposed by K. Evan Coles

Quality Assured by Edie Montreux



Title: Caulky
Series: Four Bears Construction
Author: KM Neuhold
Length: 200 pages

Genre: Romance / Contemporary / Second Chances / Rebound Relationship / Secret Identities / Gay

Notes: I'm about half way through this and its been fun. I don't know that I've read KM Neuhold before and was looking for something different from what I've been re-reading that has some humor. I'm glad I gave it a go.

Blurb: Ren is in desperate need of a rebound fling. Lucky for him, the smoking hot contractor he hired has just the tool for the job.

The last thing I want is another relationship or another broken heart.

All I need are my bees and the occasional hookup to scratch the itch.

Okay, maybe meeting up with my hot contractor weekly is a little more than occasional. And maybe the way I’m starting to feel about the guy I’ve been anonymously chatting with online should concern me.

But CaulkyAF doesn’t want to meet, and Cole doesn’t want anything serious, so what’s the worst that could happen?

**** Caulky is book 1 in the Four Bears Construction Series and can be read as a stand-alone. This is a funny, steamy MM story guaranteed to make you laugh and swoon. Absolutely NO cheating and NO love triangle. This series does NOT contain shifters, it's the OTHER kind of bears.



Series: 
Author: Multi-author
Length: 760 pages

Genre: Anthology / Paranormal / Make-A-Wish Genie / Light-Hearted / Gay

Notes: Another anthology. This one is super long and I'm only about half way through. The story sizes are perfect for getting in and out and not leave myself hanging. They have all been great fun and the majority have been angst free, which I really needed. I would definitely recommend even though I'm not finished, plus it supports a LGBT charity.

Blurb: Once upon a time, a bunch of authors wondered...Why should Heart2Heart - the phenomenally successful dating app - only work its magic in the human world when lonely lycans, dejected dragons, and jilted jackalopes need love, too?

In this new paranormal universe, mages and shifters, vampires, psychics, and even humans, will reach out to Heart2Heart podcast host Gene E. Del’Amp for help finding a magical match… and they just might find that talking about their woes helps their wishes come true.

Eighteen of your favorite gay romance authors have come together to bring you brand-new paranormal and urban fantasy stories inspired by reader suggestions!

Once again, all proceeds from this collection will go to the authors’ favorite LGBTQ charities, to ensure that love in all its forms will be celebrated and protected every single day of the year!



Series: 
Author: AJ Sherwood
Length: 76 pages

Genre: Romance / Contemporary / May/December / Runaway / Boss/Employee / 

Notes: This was adorable. Aleks teaching Harris how to dance was awesome.

Blurb: What’s a man to do when his security company is hacked with a message from the hacker asking for a job? You hire him, of course.

Which is precisely what Aleks does. At first, he’s conflicted to learn Harris is only seventeen and on the run from a past he refuses to talk about, but that confliction soon morphs into feelings for the tragic genius, and he desperately wants Harris to open up and trust him.

Maybe it wasn’t the best decision to start off his new life by hacking into a well-known security company to ask for a job, but Harris is surprised by what he finds there—a boss who genuinely seems to care about him. As the months pass, Harris finds he wants to tell Aleks everything. To stop hiding. To finally stop running, unless it’s into the man’s arms. But fear’s grip is strong, and doesn’t let go easily.

So, when Harris’s past does come calling? Aleks must prove he will do whatever is necessary to protect his new employee and friend—including fake marrying him, despite being in love with him.

Tags:
Brazilians have no concept of personal space, Kizomba, I climbed the trope tree, and hit every branch on the way back down, shy character, underage runaway, bad parenting, May/December, Fake Marriage, Boss/Employee, friends to lovers, virgin character, sharing a bed, Aleks protests all the cockblocking, hurt/comfort, told you I hit every trope, wait I might have missed one.

Series: Midsummer's Night, 5
Author: Megan Derr
Length: 52 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Gay

Notes: This is a great addition to the Midsummer collection. I love all the combinations of couples in this small town.

Blurb: All Daniel's ever wanted is to sing. Being a siren has always made that a dangerous undertaking, but he's never needed magic to make people like his songs. His bandmates, however, are more than willing to use his siren talents to get what they want—even if they do it against Daniel's will.

Betrayed and distraught, Daniel flees in the dead of night, bound for anywhere that will keep him out of sight until his contract with the band expires. Exhausted after hours of driving, he decides to stop for the night, and winds up stopping in a strange town known as Midsummer's Night.

He's soon pointed to a bed & breakfast run by the world's most adorable brownie—who also happens to be a huge fan, reminding Daniel viscerally that whatever Daniel wants comes second to what he is and all the people trying to hunt him down.

Series: 
Author: Jacquelyn Faye
Length: 229 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Action Mystery / Poly / 

Notes: This was so FUN. I loved it. I didn't want to put it down. She is not human and her interactions shows it. This was labeled as a standalone but I'm hoping the author will eventually give us more because there is definitely room for character growth.

Blurb: You know that bitch from hell everybody talks about? That's me. I mean that literally.

I was born in the seventh circle of Hell to two demons of noble lineage. Know what that means? Squat. My brimstone birth certificate and five bucks might get me a cup of coffee from Starbucks. The minute I was born, they handed me off to a wet nurse, sent me to earth, and left me to fend for myself. I suppose, I should thank them. They taught me at an early age that there is nothing in either world more important than self-sufficiency.

To survive, I needed money. So, naturally, I became a stripper.

Don't judge, it paid the bills. A lot of them. And it provided a solution to my particular dietary requirements. I'm a succubus. We eat lust for breakfast. And lunch. And dinner. What better place to get it than a seedy, smoke-filled bar full of horndogs shoving dollar bills in your thong?

Life was good.

Then, I met Ryan and fell in love. He knew what I was and loved me anyway. I loved him so much that we got married and I gave him twin children. And then he died.

And left me alone.

Okay, not completely alone. He left me two kids to raise and a crippling sense of loss.

So, I did what any demon would do, I loaded up the kids and moved a thousand miles to start a new life.
Now, my Hell is in suburbia and the most evil things in my life are my home owners' association and the PTA.
Maybe it wasn't too late to go back to Hell.

This book is intended for mature audiences. 18+ readers only! It contains graphic language, sexual situations, and inappropriate humor. This is a fast burn reverse harem where the girl gets all the guys. Why Choose? Contains M/M and F/F scenes.



Series: Dance with the Devil, 8
Author: Megan Derr
Length: 280 pages

Genre: Romance / Urban Fantasy / Gay

Notes: #Reading I may have squeeed when I saw this. It's is one of my favorite UF series that I reread frequently. 

Blurb: Sable Brennus, Prince of Storms, is not a demon to be trifled with. He's endured far worse than hell in the centuries he's been alive, and combined with his fierce consort, powerful friends, and an unparalleled collection of grimoires, he's a near-unstoppable force.

Enemies old and new are out for blood, though, and they'll do anything to get it. That includes challenging not just Sable, but some of the most powerful figures in the paranormal world, from the Prince of Dragons to the son of Death.

If Sable and his friends are going to save the day, and possibly the world, it's going to take everything they've got. If they want to survive, it's going to take even more than that…


Series: 
Author: Delaney Rain
Length: 154 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Angst-Free / Non-Binary / Gay

Notes: I finally, finally got around to reading this. It was cute and fun and I adored it. When I was adding it to this list of #read, I noticed that there is another by this author titled The Bigfoot's Mate. I know what I'm going to do. :)

Blurb: Eric Baird made the decision to abandon modern conveniences and his prejudiced family for a simple island life. He has a small cabin and a lagoon all to himself and, though he's sometimes lonely, he's mostly relieved that he can finally be free.

But one lazy afternoon swim takes a dangerous turn when a cramp has Eric struggling not to drown. Suddenly, someone saves him, and he's ever so grateful...until he sees who it is.

Tyfodorus is a Cecaelia who has a rather human upper body and a definitely squid lower half. As if a mersquid in his lagoon isn't enough to knock the socks off Eric, Ty lets him know they're here to breed. Would Eric be the host to Ty's six eggs? Pretty please?

Eric gets to know Ty and agrees, resulting in some amazing sex and six little highly intelligent, totally adorable hatchlings. As they adjust to living as a family in the lagoon, they also have to understand just how genetically compatible they are, deal with a shipwreck survivor, and make plans for their future together.

This 36,000-word/160-page book has a sweet and sexy instalove story with tentacles in naughty places, low angst, some mpreg-ish moments, and a bunch of cute alien babies with an HEA ending.

Series: Polished P & P
Author: Lila Rose
Length:  pages

Genre: Romance / Contemporary / Bikers-MCRomance / May-December / Opposits Attract / Second Chances / 

Notes: I wanted something that wasn't what I normally read and picked up this one. It was fun and cute, as much as bikers can be at least. I enjoyed it quite a bit and am hopeful that there will be more.

Blurb: Lucas Storey’s life is all about college, studying, and finishing his medical degree. That’s until he moves in with his older brother and meets his motorcycle club friends. Only, new people make Lucas nervous, almost to the extent of peeing himself, but he soon realizes they’re great people and will accept him as he is.

Now, if only he can stop thinking of a certain grumpy biker, things will be good.

Never before has Wade “Wreck” Williams noticed the same sex, or at least not until Lucas crashes into their lives. And notice Lucas he does. But that’s not all. He wants to get to know the man, and he kind of likes looking at Lucas too. None of it makes sense, and Wreck will fight it for that reason alone.

When Lucas thinks he can go out with a someone who’s not Wreck—and jealously rears its ugly head to a point Wreck just has to step in—it’s clear that he may just be wrecked forever.

Thank you for stopping by and reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment