Saturday, January 4, 2020

What's on the Reading Radar? #WishList #TBR #read

Yay! The first Saturday of the new year. Usually, I have already blogged about what I want to accomplish this year... and I probably will, but I'll save that for next week. 

Today is about Books! And lord have mercy, I've bought quite a few the last couple of weeks bulking up my already leviathan size to-be-read pile. Help! Help! Not really, just kidding... mostly. :D

Title: Sweep with Me
Series: Innkeeper Chronicles, 5
Author(s): Ilona Andrews
Length: please be really long

Genre: Science Fiction / Fantasy / Romantic Elements

Notes: This doesn't release until January , but I'm already excited. There isn't a true blurb, which is killing me back their brother, Claus, showed up at the end of Maud's book. *Kermit flail* #preordered

Blurb: There’s no place like home for the holidays…especially at Innkeeper Dina DeMille’s bed and breakfast, which welcomes guests who are literally out of this world!


Title: The Christmas Bones
Series: Jake & Dean Investigations, 1
Author(s): Richard Amos
Length: 224 pages

Genre: Romance / Mystery / Urban Fantasy / Gay / Established Relationship / 

Notes: So, I didn't pay attention to the the part of the blurb in ((0)). I was just happy for a MM UF story. So this starts four years after another series, but this can be read as a standalone. I'm considering starting with the other series, but my reading time has been shortened due to LIFE and it would take me a while to get to this book if I started all the way over there... #TBR


Blurb: Balancing family life with being a kick-ass investigator is hard, especially when the holidays roll up.

Jake Winter and Dean Tseng are solving cases as PIAs (Paranormal Investigation Agents) in Amsterdam, as well as being fathers to their four-year-old daughter. With the festive season in full swing, everything should be calming down to make way for relaxing times with good food and presents delivered by Sinterklaas.
Right?

Since when was life ever that simple?

When a human body is discovered with every one of its bones missing, and creepy anti-supernatural protesters start lurking in the shadows with a sinister agenda, Jake and Dean are about to experience the nasty side of Christmas.

An Urban Fantasy filled with magic, mystery and mayhem

(The Christmas Bones is a sequel novel to the Coldharbour Chronicles series, set four years after the events of the final book. There are references to the previous series, but this story can be enjoyed without having prior knowledge of those books. It features an established MM relationship, and plenty of Urban Fantasy action.)


Title: Love Bites
Series: Thicker Than Water, 1
Author(s): Ann-Katrin Byrde
Length: 289 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranomral / Vampires / Gay / 

Notes: #WishList


Blurb: Other parents give their children toys and party games for their birthday. My dad gave me and my siblings wooden stakes and flash grenades. To protect us from vampires.

From the moment he adopted us, he warned us about the dangers that lurk in the dark. Obviously, I thought he was crazy. Vampires aren’t real, and I was already enduring enough panic attacks without buying into Dad’s insane ideas.

But then I met Talon.

Talon has fascinating scars and a mouth I want to kiss and a body I want to feel--and fangs.

Vampire fangs.

Suddenly, the weapons Dad gave me start looking real useful.

Only I don't want to fight Talon. I want to feel his teeth on my neck. I can't explain it. He makes my knees goes weak. I know it's wrong, but it feels right.

It feels like destiny.

When Talon bites me, I forget everything, even that he is a monster. Even that I shouldn't be falling for him.

Even that his coven wants me dead.



Title: The Bureau. Vol 1
Series: The Bureau 1-3
Author(s): Kim Fielding
Length: 7 hr, 39 min

Genre: Urban Fantasy

Notes: This is not a romance series though each book the MCs become couples. It's on the darker side of things since the Bureau hunts paranormals that break the rules. I'd read the first two books before buying the audio (obviously I like them to buy the audio). The 3rd one, Creature, is my favorite so far. #read


Blurb: This collection contains the first three Bureau novellas:

Corruption

Once a proud demon of the night sky who carried nightmares to humans, Tenrael has spent decades in captivity as the star attraction of a traveling carnival. He exists in miserable servitude to men who plunk down ten dollars to fulfill their dark desires.

Charles Grimes is half human, half...something else. For 15 years he's worked for the Bureau of Trans-Species Affairs, ridding the country of dangerous monsters. When his boss sends him to Kansas to chase a rumor about a captive demon, Charles figures it's just another assignment. Until he meets Tenrael.

Clay White

Someone - or something - is murdering young men in San Francisco. Clay White has been fired from the Bureau of Trans-Species Affairs, but he's determined to track down the killer. When he comes across a vampire named Marek, Clay assumes he's caught the perp. But the encounter with Marek turns out to be more complicated than Clay expected, and it forces him to deal with his own troubled past and murky psyche.

As Clay discovers, sometimes the truth doesn't come easy - and the monsters are not who we expect.

Creature

Alone in a cell and lacking memories of his past, John has no idea who - or what - he is. Alone on the streets of 1950s Los Angeles, Harry has far too many memories of his painful past and feels simply resignation in facing his empty future.

When Harry is given a chance to achieve his only dream - to become an agent with the Bureau of Trans-Species Affairs - all he has to do is prove his worth. Yet nothing has ever come easy for him.

Now he must offer himself and John as bait, enticing a man who wants to conquer death. But first he and John must learn what distinguishes a monster from a man - and what a monster truly wants.


Title: Baston
Series: The Adna Planet Series, 1
Author(s): Amelia Wilson
Length: 1 hr, 40 minutes

Genre: Romantic Elements / Alien Abduction / Action & Adventure / I recognize Graboids when I read them / MFM /

Notes: I was surfing the Audible sales and came across Sca, technically the 2nd book in this series and another short listen, and bough them both. The whole book is told in Baston's POV. I have a hard time saying this is a romance though. It's a short story and the majority of it is the 3 of them escaping from one fire to the land in another one. And I was very okay with that. I'm going to guess that Sca's story furthers their story line. And I have to say, that Cherie was competent, confident, and not cowed in Baston's eyes. #read


Blurb: What do you do when you're kidnapped by an alien race intent on making you their slave? You run away into more danger and hope you survive.

This is a standalone with a happily ever after ending and no cliffhanger. This audiobook also contains several additional bonus stories to enjoy!


Title: Noglion: Freedom
Series: Alien Lovers, 6
Author(s): Olivia Black
Length: 85 pages

Genre: Erotic Romance / Sci-Fi / Alien / MMM / Mpreg / 

Notes: This is an angst free romance between Eric and the brothers Gogrek and Ragnon. (No hanky-panky between Gogrek and Ragnon.) It was a fun read with a fare amount of sex (see the erotic tag) that results with Dennis getting pregnant, which is a big deal for the Noglion.  #read


Blurb: Dennis Osborne has kept his sexuality hidden, afraid of being ostracized. When he’s finally ready to admit the truth, Dennis volunteers to leave Earth. Dennis isn’t only looking for the freedom to be himself; he’s also looking for a mate. When Dennis is sent to Noglion, he’s scared. Did he make the right decision by leaving the only home he’s ever known? Gogrek Vemm is a government official. When Gogrek receives Dennis’s paperwork from the Glecerian ambassador, he knows that Dennis is meant to be his. The human is destined to not only belong to Gogrek, but also to his younger brother, Ragnon. It doesn’t take long for Dennis to learn about Noglion and his mates. Quicker than Dennis thought possible, he adjusts to his new life and falls in love. And then something shocking happens. Dennis becomes pregnant. Soon, jealousy threatens to tear this happy family apart. Luckily for Dennis, he’s got two fiercely protective mates. Olivia Black is a Siren-exclusive author.

Title: Galvanizing Sol
Series: Valos of Sonhadra Novella
Author(s): Amanda Milo, Poppy Rhys
Length: 104 pages

Genre: Romance / Sci-Fi / 

Notes: I did not read the first two books, but now that I've read Sol's, I'm going to go back and read them. I enjoyed the story and really liked that the love interest was a sentient robot. I did have a couple of quibbles near the end with the time frame and Sol's mission vs what he ended up doing, but it was still enjoyable and made me smile a lot.  #read


Blurb: I always lose the women I love...

I'd been assigned to visit Earth's Interstellar Penitentiary System, Concord, where my girls were imprisoned.
Stick to the plan, Sol, I tried to tell myself. That went to hell when the prison ship crashed. Well, a little before then. See, the ship wasn't just holding prisoners--they were being used for experiments.
They were torturing them.
They were torturing my girls.
I consider myself a level-headed man, but when I found that out, I lost my sh*t.
Had we not wrecked, I'd have lost a whole lot more.
I knew they were still alive--they had to be.
Somewhere, on this planet where everything wanted to eat you, were the only two women in the universe that I had left. That I loved.
Until her.

This is a follow-up novella for Alluvial and Tempest. Approx 26K words. There's adult situations, a little violence (maybe a little more than a little), and adult language--after all, this IS DaddySol's story.


Thank you for stopping by and reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment