Saturday, December 14, 2019

What is on the Reading Radar? #WishList #TBR #read

This week went by quickly. I had a lot of appointments and things to do outside of the house. I have also been bingeing on Minecraft in the evening instead of reading and/or crocheting. However, I did finish a couple of books over several days... LOL! I wish I had a bigger book budget and then I look back at what I already own but haven't read...  Just give me all the shinies.  :D 

Title: Brandon's Very Merry Haunted Christmas
Series: (A Snow Globe Christmas Book 11)
Author: AJ Sherwood
Length: 112 pages

Genre: Romance / Holiday-ish / Contemporary / Paranormal / Ghosts / Bisexaul / Gay / 

Notes: Love this world. Loved Brandon and Mack. I can't wait for more. :D

Blurb: When Brandon Havili gets recruited by the FBI, he’s immediately assigned to shadow his brother and the psychic Donovan’s anchored to. Brandon doesn’t mind this in the slightest. He loves his brother, Jon seems cool, and it’s a great way to learn how to be an anchor, which is what the FBI wants him for. It’s supposedly three weeks of just following people around and observing.
But there’s a hitch in the plans. Brandon accidentally picks up a hitchhiker of the ghostly variety. Donovan is NOT pleased. Jon is amused to no end.

Dealing with the ghost means going back to the place Brandon accidentally got it from, Eureka Springs, Arkansas. They expect to meet up with an FBI medium, exorcise said ghost, and go home again.

FBI Medium Mackenzie Lafayette is not at all what Brandon expects. And for once, he’s quite happy to ditch the plan. Returning to Nashville can wait. He’s got a sexy medium to figure out first.


Tags:

Donovan’s not so romantic Christmas, he does not approve, Brandon took over, the little snot, I have no idea how that happened, exorcisms, ghosts not being spooky, ghost busting, healthy relationships, Mack figures out how to seduce a Havili very quickly, bisexual character, gay characters, mothers being awesome, is it possible for something to be sappy and horrifying at the same time, because that’s what we’re going for here.



Title: Expeditions, Estimation, and other Dangerous Pastimes
Series: Claimings, 4
Author: Lyn Gala
Length: 6 hours 7 minutes

Genre: Romantic Elements / Sci-Fi / Gay /

Notes: This is the only book in the series that I did not read before listening. <3

Blurb: Tuk-Palteia Liam has survived the front lines of a civil war and a return visit to his home planet, but now he has to face the ultimate obstacle. Stubborn lovers.

As long as Liam and Ondry have the same goals—the pursuit of profits and status—they are the perfect partnership. But now Ondry wants to protect his palteia at any cost, even if it costs him his newly won rank. Liam hates the idea of Ondry sacrificing for him, and he is not going to allow Ondry to lose status under any circumstances. Add in the Imshee, a predatory companion animal, a new human, and an obstinate Grandmother, and Liam has the recipe for a serious headache. Despite what Ondry believes, not all problems can be solved with a good trade, a tail or a flash of tooth. This time, Liam and Ondry are going to need to find a compromise.



Title: Contaminated
Series: Cosmic Fairy Tale
Author: Amanda Milo
Length: 

Genre: Romance / Sci-Fi / Fairy Tales

Notes: This is next on my list to start. It is the book set before Contagion, the book I read and loved last week.

Blurb: The people of my planet are under a devastating genetic curse. To treat the disease’s effects, we’ve turned to cultivating a rare flower. That’s my occupation: raising and studying this flower. That’s precisely what I’m doing the daycycle that an alien drops into our research plot, approaches our plant…And cuts my flower’s head off, stealing the bloom.

**Note: This 37K, standalone story is intended for readers 18+ due to romantic elements. There is no cheating. There is a Happily Ever After, because this is a sci-fi retelling of Beauty and the Beast--you have to have an HEA. (There is, however, no singing cutlery.)
***Important Note II: No unicorns were harmed in the making of this story.



Title: Vampromance
Series: Reluctant Necormancer, 2
Author: Kaye Draper
Length: 170 pages

Genre: Slow Burn Romance / Paranormal / Shifters / Magic / RH / Bisexual / 

Notes: I finished this earlier in the week. It's fun and has a bit of mystery. I have so many questions!

Blurb:

Reluctant necromancer Esper Jones had a quiet life, hidden away with her freak looks, and her freak powers, in her freaky old witch’s house. But her beautiful, ghost-whispering boyfriend Toma has destroyed her carefully crafted, people-free life.

Now she’s hearing voices in her head, monsters are running amok in Hellsfork, and there’s this vampire she can’t seem to shake. Somewhere between the black witches, hungry ghouls, and cowboy vampire hunters, Esper finds herself with a growing circle of people who actually seem to care for her (for some weird reason). Now, if she can just keep them all alive, when death is really more her thing….



Title: Wrong Side of Hell
Series: The Deathspeaker Codex, 1
Author: Sony Bateman
Length: 8 hours 20 minutes

Genre: Non-Romantic / Urban Fantasy / 

Notes:  I've been looking at this for a while and bought the audio today. #TBR

Blurb: Life was a whole lot easier when the dead stayed dead.

I thought I was human. Apparently, I was wrong.

I didn't even know there were non-humans. Others, they're called. Fairies, vampires, even the bogeyman - they're all real. At least, that's what the werewolf told me when I saved her from the cops.

Did I mention that I saved a werewolf? And those weren't just cops trying to kill her. They're a deadly cult with the sole purpose of capturing and torturing Others...especially me. Because it turns out I'm not just any Other. I can talk to the dead - and this cult has questions only I can answer. Answers they want to use to wipe out every non-human on the planet.

My name is Gideon Black, and I'm not human. I am the DeathSpeaker.

And I am so screwed.



Title: Ride With Me
Series: (Iron Hunters, 1)
Author(s): Sash Goldie, JP Oliver
Length: 201 pages

Genre: Romance / Contemporary / Motorcycle Club / Gay / 

Note: This is showing up on the Bisexual and Transgender lists and I thought I would give it a go.

Blurb: Straight is the last word to describe me. But the club can’t know.

And I’m not about to jump out of that closet. Cleaning up the motorcycle club’s act is dirty business, and Slim is the one person I trust. I can’t keep away, not when he’s the only man I’ve ever loved. The club can’t know that things are changing between us, but Slim doesn’t want to keep secrets for long.

As betrayal hits the Iron Hunters from every corner, I know I’m going to have to find a way to balance leadership and love … or I’m going to lose them both. But when my past comes back to bite me, it may already be too late.



Title: Steel Crow Saga
Series: 
Author: Paul Krueger
Length: 505 pages

Genre: Non-Romantic / Fantasy / LGBT / Asian Myth & Legends / 

Notes: Found this under LGBT Fantasy and the blurb pulled me in, once I ignored the added accolades and review comments. #WishList

Blurb: Four destinies collide in a unique fantasy world of war and wonders, where empire is won with enchanted steel and magical animal companions fight alongside their masters in battle.
“Pokémon combined with Avatar: The Last Airbender . . . clever, stylish, and gloriously fun.”—Fonda Lee, author of Jade City

NAMED ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR BY NPR • Tordotcom • Kirkus Reviews

A soldier with a curse
Tala lost her family to the empress’s army and has spent her life avenging them in battle. But the empress’s crimes don’t haunt her half as much as the crimes Tala has committed against the laws of magic . . . and against her own flesh and blood.

A prince with a debt
Jimuro has inherited the ashes of an empire. Now that the revolution has brought down his kingdom, he must depend on Tala to bring him home safe. But it was his army who murdered her family. Now Tala will be his redemption—or his downfall.

A detective with a grudge
Xiulan is an eccentric, pipe-smoking detective who can solve any mystery—but the biggest mystery of all is her true identity. She’s a princess in disguise, and she plans to secure her throne by presenting her father with the ultimate prize: the world’s most wanted prince.

A thief with a broken heart
Lee is a small-time criminal who lives by only one law: Leave them before they leave you. But when Princess Xiulan asks her to be her partner in crime—and offers her a magical animal companion as a reward—she can’t say no, and she soon finds she doesn’t want to leave the princess behind.

This band of rogues and royals should all be enemies, but they unite for a common purpose: to defeat an unstoppable killer who defies the laws of magic. In this battle, they will forge unexpected bonds of friendship and love that will change their lives—and begin to change the world.



Thank you for stopping by and reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment