Saturday, June 15, 2019

What's on the Reading Radar? #amreading #TBR

What am I doing? Editing, Editing Editing, again. I'll be glad when I'm done and can go back to writing. :D

Reading wise, the list is short. I've been struggling with anxiety this week which causes me to struggle with focusing. I'm not complaining. It is what it is.  The slightest hint of drama in a book makes me put it down so I spend a week or more reading something that would only take me a couple of days or less. 


Title: Surviving the Shadows
Series: The bearer of Truth, 2
Author: Miranda Turner
Length: 293 pages
Publisher: 

Genre: Urban Fantasy / Romantic Elements / 

Notes: I devoured the first book of this series when it came out in December. Loved it and am excited about this release. This is my weekend read. :D

BlurbGabriel has been gone longer than predicted, and Evander is growing increasingly worried each day that passes without his return. Confounded by their leaders’ lack of answers, Evander and the team begin to fear the worst.

In the midst of fruitlessly searching Miami for clues to the Daemon Abaddon’s whereabouts, Evander begins to have disturbingly vivid dreams. With a little help from a newly returned and empty-handed Michael and Barabbas, Evander discovers Gabriel has been calling out for help across their nascent bond, and they set off to rescue Gabriel from the depths of the Underworld.

Gabriel is old friends with torture, and his captors haven’t been gentle. Despite growing weaker every day, Gabriel resolves to survive long enough for rescue, or to die fighting, until a Dark Seer begins to dredge up the terror of Gabriel’s horrific childhood, threatening to destroy his mind and soul. Nearing the end, Gabriel manages a last-ditch effort to contact help, reaching out to Evander in his dreams.

Against all odds, Evander and the team fight through the Underworld to reach Gabriel and come face to face with mortality. Sacrifices made for the bonds of brotherhood nearly break them, and Gabriel learns the hard way that embracing the darkness while fighting for the light may be the only way to survive.

From the underbelly of Reno to the glitz and glam of Vegas, Gabriel, Evander, and the men they call family will be tested, and the final confrontation with Gabriel’s maker may be the end of everything they hold dear.


Surviving the Shadows is an approximately 100,000-word LGBTQ urban fantasy with a romantic subplot. It is a direct sequel to Shadowing the Light and reading the first book in the series is essential to enjoying this one. Please see the disclaimer on the Copyright Page for content advisories.



Title: Fresh Meat
Series: Dance with the Devil, 6.5
Author: Megan Derr
Length: 85 pages
Publisher: LT3 Press

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Urban Fantasy / Poly / Bisexual / Gay /

Notes: This is one of my all time favorite series. Of course I read this. The dragons and their knights are a favorite of mine. Add in Clan Mordred and I am there.



BlurbDeacon has served as Captain of the Guard of Clan Mordred since he was young—too young, everyone said, though none of them rushed in to help a boy who'd just inherited the role from a mother murdered in cold blood.

It's given him little chance to do anything else with his life, and at just past forty, he'd like a break. Unfortunately, just as he's on the verge of requesting one, a problem he can neither ignore nor delegate arrives at his door: a whole lot of missing people, and all signs point to goblins.

When he goes to the local sorcerer for assistance, however, it's to learn he's out of town and the only help on offer is Wyatt, the strange kid with a knack for alchemy, a penchant for trouble, and eyes that leave Deacon haunted and longing...





Title: Grave Witch
Series: Alex Craft, 1
Author: Kalayna Price
Length: 336 pages
Publisher: Ace (October 5, 2010)

Genre: Urban Fantasy / Fae / Witches

Notes: I have never heard of this author until I came across this book on audible when I was looking for a non-romantic urban fantasy. I actually went back and looked at it a couple of times. Audiobooks are expensive, and I had recently bought several that after I got into them an hour or so, I realized they weren't for me so I have been careful with my purchases. I was surprised with how much I enjoyed this book. I wasn't even finished when I bought the next one in the series. 

BlurbAs a grave witch, Alex Craft can speak to the dead-she's even on good terms with Death himself. As a consultant for the police, she's seen a lot of dark magic, but nothing has prepared her for her latest case. When she's raising a "shade" involved in a high profile murder, it attacks her, and then someone makes an attempt on her life. Someone really doesn't want her to know what the dead have to say, and she'll have to work with mysterious homicide detective Falin Andrews to figure out why...



Thank you for stopping by and reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment