Friday, November 11, 2022

What's on the Reading Radar? #TBR #WishList #reading

Wow, this week was a slog. I don't have a lot to say about it that I would repeat in polite company. LOL. On the upside, I ran across some covers that enticed me to look at some new-to-me authors.

Series:  Warts & Claws Series, 1
Author: Clio Evans
Length: 188 pages 

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Poly / Bisexual / BDSM-Lite

Notes: What a great find. This was a fun quick read. I enjoyed the plot arc and really loved all the characters, especially Inferna. This has mainly domination/submission situations with some spanking. I really liked that Calen was the omega. You don't seen that a lot. It's usually always the woman. I would totally recommend and I jumped into the next book.

Blurb: 

It’s just another Monster Monday…

Inferna expected many things to happen— but sparks flying between her, the office rival, and his lover was not one of them.

Calen is a nerdy omega witch, one that Inferna wants to sink her teeth into. Art is a stuck-up boss but can be a little more charming outside the regular 9-5.

After an evil HR agent shows up with an agenda, everything starts to change. No one is safe, tensions are high, and the creatures of Warts & Claws Inc will have to fight spell and claw to make it to the weekend.

Can Inferna, Calen, and Art survive a work week from hell while discovering a love that’s off the charts?

This story contains the following:
SPICY Monster Office Romance
Fated Mates
BDSM
Omega heats
V*agina fangs and more ;)The Warts & Claws Inc series is a spicy monster romance series following an evil HR department vs. the office. Each book will have a different relationship dynamic, inappropriate use of office supplies, creatures finding love, and more. 


Series: Warts & Claws Series, 2
Author: Clio Evans
Length: 169 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Poly / Bisexual / Non-Binary / BDSM-Medium

Notes: I'm only a couple of chapters into this one and I'm licking it so far. This shares a series plot arc which has me biting my nails for Cinder. (Saturday morning update!) I finished this last night and realized that I missed the last chapter of the first book in the series. It was from the big bad. Just make sure you keep reading after the amazon window pops up asking what you thought of the book. It made me think the book was done. That aside. I enjoyed this, maybe not as much as the first. I just really liked Inferna. I do wish there was more back ground on the characters. I was really happy to see the next book is about Billy. The poor guy needs hazard pay. He made me laugh with his sigh-heaving 'you can try' attitude. I looking forward to the next book in the series. :)

Blurb: 

It’s just another Monster Monday…

Lora expected many things to happen— but sparks flying between her, the new HR agent, and her manticore coworker wasn’t one of them.

Mich is a handsome manticore who goes into rut after a fateful encounter with Lora and Cinder. Cinder is the new sexy HR agent with secrets they can’t keep for long.

The office environment starts to get hot as these three fall into an affair they can’t stop. Love and heat are in the air, but as the corporate enemy starts to emerge, everything changes for monsters and witches alike.

Can Lora, Mich, and Cinder make it to the weekend without losing their newfound love and jobs?

This story contains the following:
SPICY Monster Office Romance
Fated Mates
BDSM
Stapling
Nonbinary Representation
Evil HR overlords
and more ;)
The Warts & Claws Inc series is a spicy monster romance series following an evil HR department vs. the office. Each book will have a different relationship dynamic, inappropriate use of office supplies, creatures finding love, and more.



Series: Leviathan Fitness #2
Author: Ashley Bennett
Length: 202 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Gay

Notes: This sounds like it can be read as a standalone. I have it downloaded.

Blurb: Leviathan Fitness is the favorite place of monsters, muscles, and a tentacled creature who can seduce even the hardest to win over human.

When parks department supervisor Reece Rollins decides to sign up for a triathlon– there are two things holding him back. One, his fear of monsters. Two, his sub-par swimming skills.

At the urging of his sister’s wolven mate, Reece joins Leviathan Fitness to train in the gym’s olympic size swimming pool. After running into Reece at the pool, Cyrus offers to help Reece get ready to win the race.

New feelings arise from the depths as Reece and Cyrus learn that monsters and humans go together, tentacle in hand. The only question is- can these two hold on to their new found love despite their differences?

Tentacles & Triathlons is book two in the Leviathan Fitness series. Each book will center around the gym and feature a different monster pairing.



Series:
Author: Ashley Bennett
Length: 

Genre: Romance / Fantasy / Poly / Bisexual

Notes: I grabbed this cover not realizing that the book won't release until next year. My bad.

Blurb: Once upon a time, deep in the bog, amid the song of crickets and the flash of fireflies— a pair of cold-blooded hearts ran hot for me.

After escaping my ex, I find myself running straight towards a 36.2-acre stretch of freedom. The wetlands call my name, an unexpected ticket to a life of my own. What waits for me is a new job, a new home, and a secret no one can know.

When the sun sets, I discover that my neighbors turn into something else…something monstrous. Sparks fly between us and I’m drawn into a world where creatures aren’t just fantasy.

I find myself falling for them both, warts and all. But when a nightmare from my past returns, I learn just what it means to fight for a happy ending.

Thank you for stopping by and reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment