Friday, November 18, 2022

What's on the Reading Radar? #reading #WishList #TBR

How is it already mid-November? It was Halloween just yesterday! The writing week has been meh, but a ton better than the whole of the month of October in which I did zero writing.

Reading has been alright. 

Title: Not So Thanks in Advance
Series: Warts & Claws, 3
Author: Clio Evans
Length: 174 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Gay / BDSM elements /

Notes: I've really enjoyed this series so far. Y'all know that BDSM isn't my think but it's not a heavy element for this series, just enough to add spice. I liked all three of these characters and it brought something unusual with the predicament of an invisible character. The series plot has advanced and we know more of what is going on as well as who the next romance with be about. I'm looking forward to Ember's story. :)

Blurb: It’s just another Monster Monday…

Billy expected many things to happen— but getting into an elevator with the omega he’s been stalking and seeing an invisible tentacle monster for the first time wasn’t one of them.

Charlie is an invisible tentacle monster who never believed he could be seen or loved. Jaehan is an omega witch who recently escaped a bad situation and is just trying to settle into his new job.

After meeting in the elevator, passions arise, and souls connect. When Billy and their boss are kidnapped, the Warts & Claws office will have to pull together and fight against the monster trying to ruin their lives.

Can Billy, Jaehan, and Charlie live to see another Monday without sacrificing what they have found?

This story contains the following:SPICY Monster Office Romance
Fated Mates
BDSM
Omega heats
Tentacles
and more.

The Warts & Claws Inc series is a spicy monster romance series following an evil HR department vs. the office. Each book will have a different relationship dynamic, inappropriate use of office supplies, creatures finding love, and more.

Title: The Kraken's Mate
Series: Houston Hub Short
Author: Jennifer Cody
Length: 92 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Gay

Notes: If you look at the next book listed you will see Shahmat, the last book of the Shattered Pawn series. Earlier this year I read both the Shattered Pawns and Diviner's Game which was a wild ride, to say the least. Shahmat came out about a week ago and I've been hmm-hawing over reading it, so I picked up this latest Houston Hub short to get into the groove of universe. 

This was a really cute story. I loved both characters and it did help to get me in the mood for the next rollercoaster ride. :)

Blurb: 

Soren:

I might die down here, but dang. What a way to go.

It was just supposed to be a test dive. I'd take the submersible down to the bottom of the Atlantic and then straight back up. If I got to see some cool ocean life, well, that's why we were live-streaming the dive.

I didn't expect to see the most incredible thing ever. Who expects to get abducted by a kraken? Not me, but wow, he's...um...hot.

The Kraken's Mate is a standalone 25k MM Paranormal Romance set in the same universe as the Diviner's Game with cameos from characters in the Shattered Pawns series, featuring steamy scenes with tentacles and an adorable billion year old eldritch horror with a thing for cute, puny humans—well, one specifically.

Title: Shahmat
Series: Shattered Pawn's, 4
Author: Jennifer Cody
Length: 433 pages

Genre: Romance / High Paranormal (I just made that up) / BDSM / Poly / Gay

Notes: I've been looking forward to and dreading this last installment. The complete chaos left by the last book in this series was a bit mind boggling, just like the whole series (including the Diviners series). Why did I put High Paranormal as a genre category? Because this series is a genre mashup, IMHO. It's a high fantasy set in a contemporary paranormal environment. On top of the genre, toss in handfuls of varying mythology, alternate realities, a sprinkle of chaos, and coat it in BDSM... So, High Paranormal. Depending on my mood, I'll read it this weekend. I don't think that I can read it in one sitting but I guess we'll see. You might be seeing this on next week's Radar if I have thoughts I want to share. :)

Blurb: Den:

What does one do when they're responsible for the death of their chosen mate? Kill a god, steal his powers, and reset the timeline, of course. What does one do when their chosen mate keeps throwing away his life to save the universe? Reset the timeline forty two times, obviously. I’m not letting Monet sacrifice himself because I made a mistake that ended the universe. I’m not letting any of my family sacrifice themselves to save the universe, and if I have to kill a thousand gods to save them from their hero-complexes? Done. I might be on the verge of villainy, but I have my priorities in line.

Slean:

What does a diviner do when the love of his mate’s life dies in the apocalypse? Kill three gods, steal their powers, and change the fate of the world, of course. What does he do when his mate’s the one responsible for starting the apocalypse? Everything he can to fix it, obviously. I’m not going to let the universe end. I’m not going to watch my family die because of my mate’s choices, and if I have to create a few new Aquinos to do it? Done. It might make me insane, but I’ll do anything for Den’s happiness, even if that means becoming the villain in my own story.

Shah Mat is a 105k word MMMM paranormal romance.

In the Aquino family, the boys all have tragic backstories; Den isn’t an exception. Content warning: Child imprisonment/harm, violence, consensual sharing and sex outside of the main relationship (open relationship), exhibitionism, voyeurism, light BDSM including rope bondage, horror descriptions (i.e. zombies).

Title: Merman Kisses and Starving Incubi
Series: Sweet Supernaturals, 1
Author: Morgan Lysand
Length: 249 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Gay

Notes: this is on my to-read list. The series title is what caught my attention since I really enjoy sweet, cute romances.

Blurb: Felix is a miserable incubus, but he does his best to hide his misery. For the most part. Adopted and rejected by strict Catholics, Felix is ashamed of his body’s needs. Work isn’t much better. He’s a star litigator at his law firm, but hates every second. Oh, and he’s in love with his best friend Chris, who happens to be a fellow attorney, his roomie, and a sexy as sin freshwater merman.

After Truth or Dare on Halloween loosens their lips in more ways than one, Felix pumps the brakes and challenges them both to a bet. No release for a month, or the loser moves out. Chris agrees with a counterproposal. Felix has to come to terms with being an incubus, otherwise he loses Chris.

Chris’s life is pretty peachy. His estate planning clients are great… mostly. He sees Felix every day and has the family lake to look forward to every Saturday. But as Felix investigates being an incubus, a few things of his own mer nature come to light, changing his perspective on his family.

Merman Kisses and Starving Incubi is a fluffy and spicy MM paranormal romance featuring the pine-y-est of pining besties to lovers idiots. A sugar-loving incubus that’s not a virgin, thank you very much. And a freshwater merman that may be a touch too obsessed with his long hair. Please check trigger warnings in the Author’s Note.


Thank you for stopping by and reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment