Friday, September 30, 2022

What's on the Reading Radar? #reading #WishList #TBR

What a quick week! I ate something earlier in the week that disagreed with me and I lost a day to sickness. Now we have hurricane weather coming our way. I don't except it to be bad, just lots of rain. The winds are going to be 20-30 mph with gusts. The locals are acting as if we are going to lose power. I guess well see how the infrastructure holds up, yeah?

In the meantime, I've found a couple of great reads this week.

Series:
Author: Isabel Murray
Length: 159 pages

Genre: Romance / Fantasy / Gay / 

Notes: What an adorable read. Gary is so innocent and easy to like and root for. I enjoyed this book so much that I went and bought this author's backlist, not caring if they were contemporary. If they have this same feel and atmosphere, then I'm completely onboard. Sign me up! 

Blurb: Seriously? Who is making this up?

Gary said no thanks, don’t want to be king, and they dragged him away from all he's ever known and stuck a stupid crown on his head anyway.

As far as Gary’s concerned, all that political intrigue can go ahead and keep seething without him. He didn’t know or care a thing about it when he was the unwanted son of a backwater lord. He definitely doesn’t care about it now they tried to kill him and he’s on the run.

Minor problem: he managed to escape, but he’s all out of ideas. It’s dark, it’s raining, he’s in the middle of nowhere, and there might be bears. In fact, he’s pretty sure one is following him.

Luckily for Gary (it’s about time he had some good luck) his ex-stable master tracks him down, and it turns out that Magnus has more than a few interesting ideas about Gary and his future.

More specifically, about their future.


Gary of a Hundred Days is a low-angst fantasy romantic comedy in which a sheltered ex-king undergoes quite the awakening at the hands of his rugged ex-stable master, and everyone’s way more interested in kissing and romance than in all that rightful heir to the throne business.

Somehow, despite an entire kingdom wishing him dead, it’s starting to look like Gary might just end up with a happily ever after?

(Unless that really is a bear following him.)


Title: Roman
Series: Vampire's Mate, 1
Author: Grae Bryan
Length: 273 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Vampires / Gay

Notes: I'm in the middle of reading this one right now and really enjoying it. The book has been on my list for a while and for some reason I thought it was going to be dark, but it's not really. There is danger from a crazy vampire but the relationship between Roman and Danny is sweet and hits on everything that I enjoy about fated mates stories. I've not read this author before and plan to look up their backlist. 

Blurb: Danny Kingman is used to fending for himself. Working nonstop as an ER nurse to pay for his mother’s care, he’s been putting his own life on hold since he can remember. But when an unbelievably hot, strangely intense man saves him from a mugging, Danny has a feeling everything is about to change. Especially when that man suddenly pops out a pair of fangs.

Roman Mourier has been wandering aimlessly for decades, waiting for the inevitable day when the last of his humanity leaves him, and the demon inside him takes permanent control. He doesn’t believe in fated mates, or the myth that there’s a soul out there that could tether his humanity to him. Until he feels a strange pull to the lovely young man at the hospital, and hope stirs in him for the first time.

But Roman has demons other than just the one inside him. Is he strong enough to keep Danny safe from the past that haunts him? He knows one thing for sure: now that he’s found his mate, he will do anything to keep him.

Roman is a heated, fated-mates MM paranormal romance with a HEA and no cliffhanger. It contains insta-obsession, a cinnamon roll of an ER nurse, and the possessive vampire determined to keep him. It also contains steamy scenes between two men, and the moderate violence (and mentions of blood) that one might expect from a vampire romance. Not suitable for readers under 18.

Series: The Dragon's of Serai, 2
Author: Amy Sumida
Length: 363 pages

Genre: Romance / Fantasy / Dragons / Gay

Notes: I really liked the first book of this series and when this popped up as released I dived in. The storyline for this is a little heavier than the Dragon King's Assassin... okay a lot heavy. It's about racism, bigotry, culpability, personal honor, and I don't know what else. I started this before bed one night and got to about 45% before I had to put it down to go to sleep. Sleep was terrible because it was all dreams about this book and possible outcomes. It is rare that I take a story into my dreams anymore, which just shows how wrapped up in this I am. I'm planning a family trip in this coming week so I probably won't pick this back up until sometime in mid-October, but I wanted this to go on the Radar as a recommendation.

Blurb: Death walks beside me.

Two weeks ago, I was hired by the Dragon Prince of Zaru to help his brother, the King, deal with their dead. Not that there is an abundance of corpses in their kingdom, but those who die aren't staying in their graves. As a necromancer, I'm one of the few people on Serai who can put the dead to rest and discover why they are rising. As a Raltven, I'm particularly good at it. Good enough that the King of Zaru sent his brother across the sea to find someone like me.

At first sight, desire sparked between Prince Racmar and me. On the way to Zaru, our attraction for each other had grown. Now it's reached the point of combustion, but I want more than a single night of pleasure from the Prince. To win him, I must play a dangerous game, tantalizing the man without riling the beast inside him. Between Racmar and the dead, I have some serious work to do, and both are presenting unforeseen complications. The reanimated corpses aren't talking, something both unusual and unfortunate for my investigation. Then there is Prince Racmar who speaks too much, and his words are clawing at my resistance. I don't know who will break first—the unknown power behind the dead, the Dragon Prince, or me.

Death walks beside us Raltven, in our shadow form we are akin to spirits, but if I'm not careful, a spirit is exactly what I will become.



Series: Tentacular Tales, 1
Author: Chloe Archer
Length: 358 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal ? / Aliens / Gay

Notes: I just started this one last night, so I'm not far in, but so far it's cute, though I did a side eye at the Gen X'r and their eatable usage. This has the promise of a lighthearted romance with some soft humor. We'll see where it goes.

Blurb: A sexy alien living incognito on Earth meets a sci-fi loving nerd who wants to rock his universe. What could possibly go wrong? Besides the unexpected tentacles and the accidental Mating Courtship Ritual, that is....

RIVER SULLIVAN

As a bona fide sci-fi nerd and total X-phile—the truth is out there—I’ve always believed in aliens. Duh. But I never thought I’d actually find them on Earth–let alone right here in Las Vegas! Now I’ve stumbled onto a big freakin’ secret and found my very own hot AF alien. I’m head over heels, but he’s being a total grump and holding back. How do I make him realize a geeky sunshine guy like me is just what he needs in his life? Did I mention he also has tentacles?!?! #HolyHentaiFantasyBatman #SwoonworthyAlien #SignMeUpSugar #MakeItSo #VivaLasVegas

KAI GENARO

The last thing I need in my life is a chatterbox twink who’s determined to woo me and could expose the secret existence of aliens on Earth to all humankind. Everything about him annoys me, including his stupidly attractive halo of golden curls and his bright green ‘come hither’ eyes. To make matters worse, he’s been recruited to work for the alien Alliance on Earth, and I’m assigned to keep him out of trouble. I don’t care how attractive he is. I don’t date humans! Except, my tentacles may have accidentally started the Mating Courtship Ritual with him…

It’s Not Unusual To Be Loved by an Alien (Tentacular Tales #1) is a (102,000 words) M/M sci-fi rom com featuring an adorkable twink with unexpected secrets and a slight obsession with extraterrestrials, the reluctant alien he wants to make his boo, tentacles with a mind of their own, zany extraterrestrial shenanigans in Sin City, and enough humor to fill an entire spaceship. This is the first book in the series. There is no cheating, and this book ends with a HFN. Never fear, the series guarantees readers an HEA by the end!

Series: Gods of Misfortune, 2
Author: Lyn Gala
Length: 165 pages

Genre: Romance / Sci-Fi / Aliens / Gay

Notes: I enjoyed the first book in this series. Sometimes it was hard for me to wrap my mind around people following gods who could bring misfortune, but the way its presented made sense. I was also glad I wasn't born as one of Regi's species. LOL

Blurb: Regi and Dante landed on one of the Empire's border planets while the exalteds try to understand the involvement of the gods. Regi's people are xenophobic, so he's determined that his crew will make a good impression. The alternative is unthinkable, especially with so many Kowri suggesting that the gods would rather see the outsiders dead rather than show them respect.

Dante wants to avoid the brewing political fight. He has never enjoyed politics—not on Earth, much less around aliens he barely understands. Give him a stable and alien horses to learn to ride instead. But when a certain goddess of poisons is involved, he will be dragged into the conflict whether he wants to be there or not. With Dante's life in danger, Regi cannot remain neutral. He won't take a stand on the conflicts between the Coalition and the Empire, but for Dante he will challenge the universe itself.

Thank you for stopping by and reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment