Sunday, June 13, 2021

What's on the Reading Radar? #WishList #tbr #reading

What's going on? Self-Edits are going on. Sometimes I forget the little things that came before in the manuscript; gentle, thoughtful things or a characters fervent hopes and wishes that tug at my heartstrings, making me teary-eyed. I'm wondering what people will make of Cherish and the people of Aries 7 who are nothing like humans. 

Title: Pass
Series: Shattered Pawns, 1
Author: Jennifer Cody
Length: 299 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Poly / Gay / 

Notes: So I found this being talked about in an author's group and I'm like, hey this is my jam, but I haven't read the trilogy that is a spinoff of is based on. I want to read this NOW, but now I think there are things in the trilogy that will keep me from being lost in this one that rely on the readers knowledge of the tribology this is a spinoff from. But I don't want to read them. I want this one! The woes of a mood reader.

Blurb: Luca:

I’ve lived my life in the pursuit of justice. I worked my way from the police academy to detective to the leader of the organized crime task force. Then six weeks ago all that career momentum came to a screeching halt after someone set off a car bomb across the street from L.L. Security. That event changed everything for me. Six weeks of fear, looking over my shoulder, and pretending my world hasn’t crumbled down around my ears. Sometimes I wish I’d never heard of L.L. Security, sometimes I’m glad I at least know how dangerous this world really is. I may be the only detective who can see the wings on the body in my crime scene, but that doesn’t mean I don’t want to find the guy’s killer even if my Captain keeps trying to erase my memories with magic.

Auggie:

Something is wrong with my roommate, but every time I ask, Luca says he’s fine. I want him to confide in me, but expecting him to talk to me when I’ve been hiding secrets from him for years seems a bit hypocritical. I have enough patience to wait until he’s ready to talk. The Chimera inside me isn’t in a hurry to mate him anyway, at least not until he comes home tasting just right. Luca kissed someone else and now the beast inside me is ready to take them both and make them mine.

Tio:

After my father sold my brother to the youngest prince of Morgaine, the Elven Realm, I thought it would take me a decade at least to buy him back, but my employer tussled with the wrong Headsman—well, Headsmen. Erroll’s execution relieves me of the contract I had with him, but it puts me and my brothers in infinitely more danger. My father is coming, one of my brothers won’t talk to me, the other doesn’t know who I am, and controlling my extra arms has become an exercise in futility; kissing Chimeras is not normal for me. I promise.

Pass is a 105k words, MMM, gay, fated mates, paranormal romance featuring three good-to-the-core non-humans in the Diviner’s Game universe. It features an HFN for these three characters and a cliffhanger ending of the overarching plot of the Shattered Pawns Trilogy. Includes plenty of 18+ fun with tentacles. Best if read after the Diviner’s Game trilogy starting with Bishop to Knight One.

Series: 
Author: Lily Harlem
Length: 294 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Vampires / Mystery? / RH / 

Notes: I'm so happy to find more vampire romances.

Blurb: Vampire police serving the streets of London.

Really?

Hell yeah, you'd better believe it!

The Worshipful Company of the Ancient Order was created at the beginning of vampire memory. Its goal to enforce law and order over blood-thirsty paranormal existences. To do this, a secret elite group was created known as The Ancient Ones. Their word on the street goes, they are trusted to preserve human life and fight enemies to the death.

What experienced DI Corey Tatum hadn't been expecting was that The Ancient Ones were to be her new team.

Intelligent--tick. Gorgeous--tick. Soon to be in love and lust with her--tick. This is no ordinary case, and these are no ordinary policemen.

Will Corey ever be able to return to a normal life? Or will her heart, body, and soul crave those who crave her?

*CRAVED BY THEM is the full-length novel extended from the short story in the Duty Bound anthology (no longer available).

Series: 
Author: Multi-Author Anthology
Length: 

Genre: Romance / Sci-Fi / LGBTQIA

Notes: releases June 17th

Blurb: Love is love...anywhere in the universe.

Whether they meet on alien planets or spaceships, through mate lotteries or by chance, the characters in these stories of aliens and humans, alphas and omegas, M/M, F/F, bisexual, transgender, and more will leave you breathless.

Get your copy of this collection including hot new lgbtq+ science fiction romances by the best, new, and up-and-coming authors in the genre.

One-click now to reserve your copy!

Featuring stories by:
Arizona Tape
Skye MacKinnon
Leona Windwalker
Meg Bawden
Stephanie Barr
Tiegan Clyne
Coyote Starr
Zelda Knight
Helena Novak
Tami Veldura
Sadie Marks
Sienna Sway
Céline Glaude
Alex Austen



Title: Betrayal
Series: Grimm Brother's Duet, 1
Author: November Sweets
Length: 193 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Bisexual / Poly / Classed as RH / 

Notes: I have been in a weird mood for a rejected mates story. This was suggested in a RH group that had MM were the guys are just as in love with each other. I'm going to put a trigger warning out there for y'all (that doesn't give spoilers). Some might consider what the guys did as cheating. The guys ghosted their mate without breaking the bond and she felt every time they sought release outside the family group. In my mind, they are technically broken up. Once they found out she was caused pain by their philandering, they stopped. (Although, the reason they gave for why they started in the first place is BS and I hope it is addressed at sometime.) There is a lot of MM and MMM sex in the story. The pain of the rejection is glossed over a bit, which I'm of two minds on. I did enjoy the book enough to start the next one. RH is infamous for their cliffhangers and if I finish the book I will stop a couple pages from the end so that I don't have to deal with it. If I remember correctly, this series is complete so I went with it, and as cliffs go it would be tolerable if book two wasn't out.

Blurb: Five years ago, I thought life was nothing short of a fairytale.I had the love of my five mates and the future was looking so bright.
Five years ago, I was an idiot.
Now I know that life isn’t sunshine and rainbows.
Now I know that life is full of lies, darkness, and blood.
It only took my mates abandoning me without a word or a trace to open my eyes to the things I had previously ignored.
When you are a rejected mate, you learn pretty quickly how people actually feel about you.
It took me five years to track them down, and now that I have, they have a choice:
Break the bond, and finally set me free
Or
I’ll kill them, and hope I survive their deaths
I’m Delphina Grimm, my enemies call me Umbra

Betrayal is the first in a duet PNR/UF Reverse Harem romance. Not suitable for anyone under the age of 18 due to language, sexual situations, and violence. There is MM in this book which means swords will be crossing. There are things in here that people might find triggering.


Thank you for stopping by and reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment