Saturday, April 10, 2021

What's on the Reading Radar? #TBR #WishList #reading

 I missed posting the Reading Radar the last couple of weeks. I've been distracted as I push to get Cherish completed. I'm almost there. So close that I can practically taste the "The End". Another couple of day, I think, and Cherish will be done... then the editing begins and it not going to be pretty.

Series: Lost Shifters, 3
Author: Megan Derr
Length: 154 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Poly /

Notes: I love the Lost Shifter series. The first book where a snake shifter adopts wolf pups is adorable. This one has raccoon, platypus, and crane shifters. I wanted to taste test all of Oakley's cupcakes and inject him with a wealth of confidence. I have questions about the former alligator friend! Maybe we will get a story about him, too!

Blurb: All Oakley wants is a quiet life, to run his cupcake shop in peace, chat with the regulars, and be left alone otherwise.

Well, he'd also like a lover and a house full of kids, but thanks to his asshole relatives and their attempts to murder prominent members of the Lost Shifters Foundation, that's not likely to happen anytime soon. So he settles for quietly pining after men who will never look at him that way.

Then a sudden burst of impulse leads to a date—a date quickly ruined by an unexpected murder that is almost immediately followed by another, and another…

Series: Dragon Hoard, 3
Author: Minerva Howe
Length: 198 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / All The Dragon Babies / Mpreg / Gay / 

Notes: I've been waiting for Ty's story. He yearned for a mate so hard. When he does find, the journey isn't over. There is the tragedy that his mate is dealing with and the a learning curve with not only Ty and Myk, but with Ty and his brothers and their mates... and so many babies. It's a fun and heart warming story. The bonus is there will be more books in this universe. I'm so happy about that.

Blurb: Dragon shifter Tyson has been hearing a distant call for months now, a lonely cry that he hopes is his mate. All he has to do is find out where it's coming from. When the mournful voice screams for help, Tyson leaves his home and his brothers in the mountains of Colorado to rescue Myc, another dragon who's in a terrible and dangerous situation. Nursing Myc and his niece and twin nephews back to health, Tyson knows he's found what he's looking for, but he doesn't want to push. He's waited this long. He can wait until Myc is ready to mate with him.

Myc knows Tyson is the one for him, but he's lost his home and his family, and he's not sure he knows how to convince Tyson he's not shy or fragile. He also knows he's added three more kids to Tyson's rapidly growing family, and he's afraid to ask Tyson to mate with him and have more.

Tyson and Myc have to fight the past, their own fears, and their deep, stubborn notions of what's right to come together with the kind of love they both know they can make.

Series: Pizza Shop Exorcist, 1
Author: Dakota Brown
Length: 202 pages

Genre: Romance / Urban Fantasy / Why Choose / 

Notes: This was rather fun. I get a bit tired of the FMCs being in their early 20s and saw this one recommended with a FMC in her mid 30s. I really enjoyed the story and the characters. By the end of the book I was really starting to despise her 'best friend'. He is not even a friend to her. Angst level was pretty low. There is a backstory that is hinted at that is painful but she's avoiding it for now. She strikes me as chaotic neutral and that is part of the reason why this was fun to read. I was ready to jump into the next book, but it's not out until Summer, I think. I would definitely recommend it. 

Blurb: When my family died at the hands of a demon prince, I hung up my exorcist hat. I’d failed to protect them, and while I was willing to risk myself, the price had risen too high.

Now I’m serving up hot, fresh pizzas to everyone who wants them. I was the only person left to inherit the family business and I’m doing my best to keep it up and running in honor of my loved ones.

These days, my biggest challenge is telling off a rampaging customer, and endless paperwork. That is, until he shows up again.
Darius was the only guy I couldn’t say no to, the one who dragged me into the world of the occult in the first place. When he shows up and begs me to assist with an exorcism, I reluctantly agree. He’s still using me; because I’m the best exorcist around and he only calls when he needs my help.

Before I know it, I’ve got an incubus in the living room, a hellhound marking around my yard, and a demon prince who can’t decide if he wants to kill me or… you know. Not to mention the vampire and the nephilim I seem to have collected. Normally I wouldn’t work with the supernatural, but we all have a common goal. Prevent the crime syndicate from summoning a demon prince and becoming more powerful than we can hope to handle.

If I can keep my cool, it will be a miracle. If I can hold on to my soul it’ll be an even bigger one. No one ever claimed being an exorcist was easy, but to protect those I’m coming to love, I’ll pay whatever price necessary.

This book is intended for mature audiences. 18+ readers only! It contains language and sexual situations. This is a medium burn reverse harem where the girl gets all the guys. Why Choose? Harem members added as series progresses.

Series: Deadside Reapers, 1
Author: Debbie Cassidy
Length: 294 pages

Genre: Slow Burn Romance / Urban Fantasy / Why Choose / 

Notes: This was an interesting story. The broken world where the spirits/ghost of the dead have to wait in a cue to be processed before moving on because the number of reapers was affected by the same incident that allowed humans to see and interact with ghosts. There is a bit of suspense that played havoc with my anxiety so it took me about a week to read, but was interesting enough that I kept coming back to see what happens next. I tried to spoil myself by reading the blurbs for the other books in the series and that was a mostly useless endeavor because those blurbs were vague, vague, vague. I don't even know who she is going to have as mates. I can't decide if the author is devious or diabolical.

Blurb: Your dead are our business.

Got a loved one who’s passed? Want to ask your dead aunt where she hid that elusive will? Head over to Necro city and look no further than Soul Savers Inc.

One day the world was normal, and the next, it was filled with ghosts. And then the reapers came. Blood-sucking hot dudes with wings and wicked scythes. They took control, and now we have a system.

Now we have Necro city, the hub of all things untethered.

As a soul relocation agent, it’s my job to rehouse the dead until the reapers come to collect, but with so few of those dudes about, the wait isn’t pretty. Thank goodness for decent coffee, frosted donuts, and a pending promotion.

Things are looking good until they’re not.

One bar fight and a dead reaper later, I’m left holding the scythe.

Not just any scythe, but a scythe belonging to one of Lilith’s four favored sons—the most powerful reapers in the world.

For some reason, it’s chosen me.

Now, three very large, very pissed off reapers are on my case.

It looks like that promotion is going to have to wait.


A kickass Urban fantasy with a why choose romance. Vampires, ghosts, angels, and demons. Perfect for readers who enjoy forbidden romance, enemies to lovers, or friends to lovers.

Series: The Mystic Bay Series, 3
Author: MA Church
Length: 213 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Vampires / Elementals / Gay 

Notes: Yay! It's here!

Blurb: He’s what things that go bump in the night fear.

Tragedy brings the ice elemental, Nicholas Frost, to America and lands him on the doorstep of the High Council. While surrounded by a group of Guardians who question his offer to kill the vampire Jackson, Nicholas stumbles across the man fate has decreed his. Although overjoyed, the secret he hides is now in jeopardy of being revealed.

Something lethal lurks within.

Cold. Powerful. Feared. A killer. Like the softly falling snow, Nicholas is silent and deadly. Always alone. Always guarded. His abilities are unrivaled, and other paranormals avoid him. With good reason.

And the man fate has paired him with is a truthsayer—a living lie detector.

Guardian Jonas Parker is convinced fate has made a monumental mistake. Guardian lifespans are practically eternal. Elementals only live a couple of hundred years. No way that golden thread which links them means what he thinks it does. Surely fate wouldn’t gift him with a man he’ll outlive?

Jonas is a truthsayer, which is difficult enough. Add in the chance of an accidental surface reading if he touches bare skin, and no one is willing to get close to him. Jonas can dig into anyone’s psyche and unearth all their secrets regardless if they’re willing are not.

No secret can remain hidden from him.

While Nicholas and Jonas struggle to figure out how a mating can work between two such different paranormals, Jackson plots. As the final battle looms on the horizon for the men of Mystic Bay, a terrifying prospect has emerged—something not even Nicholas and the others may be able to defeat.

Series: 
Author: Rachel Langella
Length: 181 pages

Genre: Romance / Urban Fantasy / Fated Mates / Gay /

Notes: 

Blurb: Sometimes Fate has a bizarre sense of humor.

Or at least it seems that way to Gus, owner of the Rainbow Room, Asheville’s main hangout for gay paranormals. He’s seen Fate catch up with the patrons of his bar while he served drinks and listened to their stories for three hundred years. He found all of it amusing, until his fated mate walks in and suddenly the twists aren’t so funny any longer!

Bear Hickes is a mage who specializes in fire, but life has lost its spark since his twin brother got married and left him alone. His older brother, Whimsy, is determined to help Bear find happiness no matter how much Bear objects, but meeting Gus gives Bear a wonderful idea: if Gus will pretend to be his boyfriend, Whimsy will get off his case. And somewhere along the line, Bear finds he wants it to be for real.

But there are secrets Gus is keeping from not just Bear, but the whole world. And when those secrets catch up with him at last, the danger won’t be just for Gus alone.

This story is set in the Asheville Arcana universe, but can be read as a standalone.

Stop Dragon My Heart Around is part of the multi-author Magic Emporium Series. Each book stands alone, but each one features an appearance by Marden’s Magic Emporium, a shop that can appear anywhere, but only once and only when someone’s in dire need. This book contains explicit scenes, a grumpy mage, a paranoid dragon, a very arrogant vampire and a guaranteed HEA.


Series: 
Author: Aspen Black
Length: 476 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Why Choose / 

Notes: The curvy model caught my eye though this doesn't release until the 16th. 

Blurb: I can't see the shadows that lurk in the dark.

It was supposed to be my first summer on my own, but then I meet Seth, Axel, Jasper, and Cody. There's something about them that drew me closer and they seemed hell-bent on protecting me.

I didn't think I needed protecting until people started showing up dead in the woods.

So much for a quiet summer...

Can I escape the shadows, or will the darkness consume me?

Shrouded In The Dark is a standalone shifter paranormal reverse harem novel with 140k+ words that includes M/M.

Thank you for stopping by and reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment