Saturday, April 11, 2020

What's on the Reading Radar? #WishList #TBR

Another quick week. I've been jumping from book to book and making some good headway into series I love. When I went to check out what had been releasing I seem to have been snagged by a bunch of vampire books. I've even went back to my finished reading pile from years ago to see if I could find a vampire series that I could reread. I keep looking at Sookie Stackhouse. It's been years since I read one of her books and I don't know if I want to see if they have stood up to the 'test of time'. I loved them at one time and got as many friends as I could hooked on them. But... IDK. If you have any vampire books you loved, drop me a comment!


Title: How to Vex a Vampire
Series: (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes Book 1)
Author: Alice Winters
Length: 342 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Vampire / Humor / Gay / 

Notes: I've been working my way through this one all week. Lots of giggling on my part. I'll probably finish on the weekend when I have more time to power through to the end. It's fun and funny and I'm a little worried about how they are going to overcome the Big Bad, but it's Alice Winters so I know there is a HEA with a laugh.

Blurb: Finn
Getting into the vampire-only detective unit was the easy part; what’s going to be more difficult is dealing with my new partner, an ancient vampire who keeps threatening to eat me. The unit has never had a human in it, and Marcus—or as I like to call him, Fangy McFangface—would really prefer to keep it that way. He’s grumpy, short-tempered, and broody, but I have a way with words and I know he’s starting to like me, even if he swears he’s not. But what he doesn’t know is that I didn’t join the unit because I was tired of being a homicide detective, I joined because there is someone after me. They’ve already taken enough from me and I’m afraid they’re going to take all of me if I don’t find someone to help. That’s all Marcus was supposed to be, but now, he’s so much more and I can’t imagine my life without him.

Marcus
The moment the pesky human walked through that door, I knew I had to get rid of him. He’s charming and almost everyone else instantly loves him, but he doesn’t understand how risky it is being part of this unit as a human. But as I get to know the stubborn man, I learn that perhaps he’s not as naive as I once thought. And maybe he’s what I needed to realize there is more to life than just work and my dog. A group arises who is threatening to disrupt the alliance between the humans and the vampires, but Finn is the one who shows me how strong that alliance can be and reminds me why it’s worth protecting. When threats hit closer to home, I realize I would do anything for Finn because he’s brought so much joy to my life—and because he’s mine.

This 105k word book contains: A creative use for undergarments, unintentional splits, a wolfhound who just wants to be a part of things, a vertically challenged human who still manages to wrap every vampire he meets around his little finger, the best date ever, possessiveness, really awkward dancing, some workplace revenge, and just a bite or two. Or three.

While the plot of the first book is tied up and completed, there's a minor cliffhanger that will be tied up in the second book.



Title: His
Series: The Hellfire Vampires Bloodline
Author: Jae T. Jaggart
Length: 204 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Vampires / Gay / 

Notes: I was dodging my work one morning this week and started to clean out my Amazon wish list when I came across this book. Vampires!

Blurb: Some loves cannot die.

Nix DeAngelo has always known that vampires existed. Hell, they’ve been out since the sixties. He just never knew he’d fall for one. And Alexander Roark, a fiercely alpha, magnificent male, is way out of his league.

Even when he first meets Roark in the VIP section of an upmarket club and believes he is human, Nix knows that. It may be lust at first sight, but tough, independent Nix walks away from the devastating male. He has enough trouble in his life. Like dealing with the aftermath of family tragedy and being a big brother to his sister, Samantha. And raising money to pay off the mountain of debt the siblings have been left with.

Some of the ways he pays those debts aren’t pretty. When he meets him again, Roark is his purchaser for the night. And not concealing his true identity as a vampire. What Nix doesn’t realize is that the two have a history that goes back for centuries. One of a dark, vicious love. Even those of Roark’s own bloodline, the Hellfire Vampires, do not trust him. They remember just what his previous incarnation, Nikolai was. A killer. A slaughterer. The infamous Bloodletter.

To save Roark from his enemies, Nix must let go of his human existence. Become a vampire. But if he does so, will his dark side, the Bloodletter, be let loose?

Even Roark cannot answer that.

HIS is a standalone Hellfire Vampires Bloodline novel incorporating the following, rewritten and with additional material:
His Claiming (The Hellfire Vampires Bloodline: Novella 1)
Claimed, Bled & His (The Hellfire Vampires Bloodline: Novella 2)
His Claimed, His Consort (The Hellfire Vampires Bloodline: Novella 3)

Approx. 60,000+ words or around 220 print pages. Contains two males scorching hot for one another and fierce m/m human/vampire action.




Title: Between the Shadow and the Soul
Series: 
Author: Jamie Craig
Length:

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Ghosts / Gay /

Notes: 

Blurb: Ryan doesn’t expect too much from his weekend at the Shadows and Souls fan convention in Tahoe -- he wants to meet his online friends, engage in a few heated debates about the plot for the upcoming season, and maybe shake the hand of the TV show’s star, Johnny Marlowe. But his weekend goes off course almost immediately after his arrival. First, the hotel loses his booking. Then Johnny Marlowe talks to him like they’re actual friends. And while his head is still spinning, a ghost attacks him in the elevator.

Despite fighting ghosts every week on television, Johnny Marlowe does not believe in the spirit world. However, he does believe he should get to know Ryan better. Fan or not, the man is not only gorgeous, he’s down-to-earth, fun, and makes Johnny forget about the fake life he’s forced to lead and the ex-boyfriend who refused to participate in the charade. Unfortunately, every time Johnny tries to get close to the handsome ginger, something explodes or the earth shakes or lights blink out -- and none of that is as sexy as it sounds.

Johnny doesn’t believe in ghosts, but he knows he has to get to the bottom of this haunting if he ever wants to get close to his biggest fan.



Title: Fox Furry
Series: 
Author: Eileen Glass
Length: 374 pages

Genre: Non-Romantic / Fantasy / Gay / 

Notes: I found this on my Amazon wish list too. I put it down as non-romantic because I read the reviews. It seems that people who went in thinking it was a romance weren't convinced. The MC is tricked into becoming an actual fox and I'm not sure he returns to being a human.

Blurb: Excerpt

I wanted what she offered. A handsome man, she said, who I’d be the companion to for the rest of my life. And now I remember what she’d asked me. You like a man, right? Like she was taking and fulfilling my order.

But I didn’t consent to be caged and collared.

Or maybe I did?

I remember the phrase temporary discomfort for a life of wealth and happiness from her mouth as she summarized the terms.

Did I consent to this? Did I sign to let her turn me into whatever I am? A tailed, long-eared thing with too much hair. A mutant, basically. A Fox Furry.


Collin is about to be homeless. He was desperately looking for job, but now, thanks to a crazy gypsy lady who wants to sell him in her petshop, he has ears and a tail. He doesn’t look bad. In fact, he kind of likes the black-tipped ears and his silky fur. But he can’t go back to Earth. His transformation is physical, not magical, and that means permanent.

He’s technically a pet by the laws of Pangea. All he can hope for is that Sean, the handsome cop detective who rescued him, will want to keep him.



Title: Reign of Dragons
Series: (Dragon Dojo Brotherhood Book 1)
Author: Olivia Ash
Length: 624 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Dragon Shifters / RH / Poly / 

Notes: 

Blurb: No one screws with my family.

My sister and I are human orphans raised by the world’s best assassin, taught to steal and kill our way through the dragonlands under her watchful eye. Grown men fear us, and no one knows we’re coming until it’s too late to run.

Irena and I—we’re good. The best. In a dog-eat-dragon kind of world, we have to be. But someone betrayed us. Someone we trusted with our lives.

Irena is missing. My mentor is gone. And as for me… the man responsible for this mess thought he killed me. He kicked me into a pit, and he left me to die.

But I don’t give up that easy.

In the darkness, facing death itself, I fused with dragons. I had no choice. This is ancient magic, and dangerous people want it. They want me, dead or alive, and they’ll start a war if that’s what it takes to control me.

The magic I discovered—the magic these brutal people want—it’s mine, plain and simple. No one can take it from me. And I’m coming back from the dead.

For blood. For vengeance.

For Irena.

Reign of Dragons is a full-length novel with a badass heroine, a riveting storyline, and an alternative relationship dynamic. Get ready for a heart-pounding story filled with a dragon shifter romance unlike anything you’ve read before.

Buckle in for heart-pounding action, breathtaking magic, deadly assassins, four drop-dead gorgeous leading men, lots of toned muscles, and most importantly—a young woman’s journey of justice, self-discovery, and freedom.


Thank you for stopping by and reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment