Saturday, April 18, 2020

What's on the Reading Radar? #reading #TBR #wishlist

An oddly productive week compared to last. I don't know what changed but I like it. I did panic on Thursday wen I couldn't find my manuscript for Cherish. I finally found in it in an archived file. I must have accidentally moved it when I was trying to consolidate my files earlier in the. I'm so so so so glad that I'm an e-file hoarder. I don't delete much of anything because I might need to look something up for some reason years from now. (It has happened!)

Title: First Moon
Series: Lovin' the Coven, 1
Author: Jacquelyn Faye
Length: 271 pages

Genre: Romance / Urban Fantasy / Witches / RH

Notes: This series was recommended to me and I was warned that some of the dialogue is corny (and it is) but that it has difference relationship dynamics than most RH romances (and it does). I would not call it a poly romance, at least not at this point. I do like the characters together and as individuals. I have to say that the mystery didn't pan out like I thought it would. There was a red herring or two thrown in there, and I thought I had the answer when I didn't. I suddenly find myself almost finished with book three and eyeballing book four, bingeing without realizing I was bingeing. There is still some really corny dialogue but the plot is hopping enough that finding a place to stop for the night was a bit difficult. It does say that book four has MM theme, but this story is told from a female POV. There is a lot of voyeurism in this series so I'm not expecting much on the MM side of things. 

Blurb: Welcome to Cedar Falls...
I thought the sign seemed a little too welcoming, but when you get the call to move from the goddess herself, you don't get to be picky. I just wasn't expecting my new home to be so rustic and...down on its luck. But, when you're a witch, life can get pretty interesting...and dangerous. Especially when someone is killing the local coven. At least the chief of police is pretty hot, when he's not accusing me of being the murderer.

Cedar Falls seems to have no shortage of hot men. With so many stunning men, why choose just one? Sorry, Chief. Let's just hope I don't get too distracted before I find the murderer, open my new bookstore, and help Cedar Falls become what it was meant to be...

The Lovin' the Coven series are intended for mature audiences. 18+ readers only! They contain graphic language and sexual situations. This is a medium burn reverse harem where the girl gets all the guys. Why Choose? Harem members added as series progresses. M/M themes begin in book 4. Lovin' the Coven will be a 7 book series.


Title: P.S. I Spook You
Series: The Spectral Files, 1
Author: SE Harmon
Length: 258 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Ghosts / Gay / 

Notes: I really love both paranormal series by AJ Sherwood and have been looking for something similar. I stumbled across this one and thought I would give it a try.


Blurb: SSA Rain Christiansen used to be the agency's golden boy. It just takes one moment of weakness, one slight, tiny, itty-bitty paranormal sighting, and all of a sudden, he's the agency's embarrassment. His boss gives him one last chance to redeem himself - go down to Brickell Bay, play nice with the local police, and leave the ghost sightings behind. Rain is determined to do exactly that, even if it kills him.

Cold-case Detective Daniel McKenna's latest investigation is going nowhere fast. Five years earlier, high school student Amy Greene went missing after leaving her part-time job and was never seen again. Daniel is glad to finally have the FBI help his department requested, even if it does come in the form of his ex.

It doesn't help that Rain is pretty sure he's falling in love with Danny all over again - if he ever stopped. Add to that the frustration of seeing ghosts at every turn while he works a case that's stalled in its tracks, and Rain is starting to wonder if second chances and happy endings are just for fairy tales.


Series: Spellster, 1
Author: Aldrea Alien
Length: 724 pages

Genre: Romance / Fantasy / Magic / Bisexual / Gay / 

Notes: I saw the cover for book 2 (which just released) and I took a look at the series. 

Blurb: It wasn't meant to be like this.

Dylan's life in the spellster tower has everything he should want: magical knowledge, safety from the King's Hounds and frequent clandestine affairs with women. All at the cost of his freedom. So when the chance to leave the tower—even as a leashed weapon for the King's Army—arises, he seizes it.

When his first scouting mission goes awry, Dylan is left alone in a hostile world with the tower a distant beacon of safety. Only the flirtatious Tracker, an elven man whose very presence awakens Dylan's long-repressed desire, can help him return to his old life before the crown discovers his unleashed status.

But the risk of being branded a deserter may be the least of his concerns as whispers of an armed presence in the North threatens his home. Dylan must rely on Tracker to protect him even as everything he thought he knew begins to unravel around them.

Title: Claw & Order
Series: Episode 1: Seduction
Author: Erick Henry Vick
Length: 262 pages

Genre: Urban Fantasy / Mystery

Notes: The play off of Law & Order is what made me stop and look at this. It's on KU so I'm going to give it a go. 

Blurb: In the Locus of New York, crimes committed by magical entities threaten the delicate balance between the mundane world and the supernatural realm.

The dedicated teams of detectives who investigate these breaches of Canon and Covenants are members of an elite unit known as the Supernatural Inquisitors Squad.

These are their stories.

Leery Oriscoe is just a conflicted New York Jewish cop who got hit by the Hassidic bus—only the bus was driven by a werewolf. There’s bound to be a little crazy under his black hat. And his life just got ten times more complicated. His new partner is half vampire and half succubus.

Oh, and their lieutenant? She's the ghost of a Van Helsing.


Series: Mail Order Mates
Author: Lorelei M. Hart
Length: 99 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Gay / Mpreg / 

Notes: I've been looking for books with grumpy characters.

Blurb: My bear has had it with this alone stuff.He’s ready for his mate...yesterday. My job and my side-projects have always dominated my life. As a ranger in the local national park, I’ve dedicated myself to helping people and animals, thinking that one day my mate would come along. But after years of being alone, I now know I have to make a move if I want the family I so crave.

My best friend Roman thinks this Male-Order App is the way. Order a husband? Like ordering books online? While I think he’s out of his mind, I fill out the questionnaire and wait for an omega to bite. Still don’t think one will.


My name is Aquila. When I left my ex, he didn’t even notice I was gone until he needed money. He’s been clear about not wanting children or getting married. And I was fine with it...until I wasn’t and neither was the animal inside of me. I wanted more. So I finally finished the questionnaire on the Male-Order App and the next day got a 90 percent match, but he lives on the other side of the country. Maybe a change of scenery is just what this omega needs.


The Grumpy Bear's Omega is a super sweet with knotty heat MM mpreg featuring a hotter than hot forest ranger, a cute, nerdy omega, and resulting in the cutest baby bear shifter ever. It is the first book in the Male-Order Males series but can be read as a stand-alone.


Thank you for stopping by and reading!!



2 comments:

  1. Omg p.s. I spook you is sooooo good, I've reread it several times; the 2nd is not as, but it's nice to visit the characters again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh if you end up liking claw and warder, the Offbeat Crime series by Angel Martinez is paranormal detective story as well and quite cute

    ReplyDelete