Saturday, February 1, 2020

What's on the Reading Radar? #TBR #WishList

Man, January passed without me accomplishing what I wanted to accomplish, and yet I've been crazy busy. Edits, edits, and more edits as I work on getting Constant ready for publishing. Bespoken Lost is at 74k and I started a Valespian Pact side story as a *super secret project* (I'm not going to give any hints about it other than I love this little story!). I had hoped that I would have chapters for Assassin's Retirement ready and posted, but... points up at the edits, those have taken up the majority of my time. 

I honestly have not done a lot of reading the last couple of weeks, and what I have read has taken days for me to finish because I've had limited time. But I did go a little pre-order crazy for books that I'm excited for the release of and all of them have been releasing the last week or so.

Title: Not Quite Human
Series: Not Quite, 1
Author: Kaye Draper
Length: 151 pages

Genre: Romance / Urban Fantasy / Intersex MC / Poly

Notes: So I have been excited to get my hands on this book since she announced it was coming in her newsletter. 

Blurb: Not quite human, not quite beast. Not quite female, not quite male. Sometimes hunter, sometimes prey. Always alone. Until them.

Fiend hunter Sam “Sabertooth” Forest is used to being on the outskirts. A cur with a mix of shifter and human blood, Sam can’t fully shift to beast but can’t fully pass as human. Through sheer determination, and a desire to protect the broken shifter woman who raised them, Sam has managed to eek out a place of their own in a world devastated by the rift that allowed monsters to spill into the earth plane. Sam hunts monsters, sometimes curs and mongrels just like Sam. The work might be dangerous, and the humans might want to put the mixed breed hunter on their hitlist, but it’s a job. It’s freedom. Sam works alone and trusts no one.

The next hunt should bring in a big bounty—big enough to pay the pack extortion fee and keep Sam’s adoptive mother safe through winter. But when a Leprechaun horns in on the unicorn hunt and tricks Sam into forming a hunter’s guild, Sam is suddenly burdened by an overabundance of people.

Setting off to hunt one-horned murder beasts with an annoying leprechaun and a nerdy half-ogre is bad enough. But when you add in a betrayal by the seductive siren Sam has loved since childhood, and the machinations of a rich human politician, well…Sam’s simple, lonely little life just got a whole lot more complicated.



Author’s Note:

I love reverse harem, but I got sick of reading the same old tropes. In my books you will find atypical characters and varied sexuality. In general, you probably won’t find many alpha males or fainting females.

The Not Quite series is a harem/reverse harem urban fantasy series of novellas (between 35,000-45,000 words) and contains the following:

*adult language, and lots of it

*moderate levels of violence/gore/action

*graphic sexual situations

*polyamory/ multiple lovers

*LBGTQ and straight themes (the main character is intersex and will have both male and female lovers, and this is a harem, so expect M/F, M/M, F/F, MMMFF etc.)

*as usual, my characters all have their own emotional scars. This means the book MAY contain mentions of abuse, unpleasant situations, etc. Please do not read if you are triggered by things like this.



Title: Queen Takes Sunfires
Series: Their Vampire Queen, 11
Author: Joely Sue Burkhart
Length: 80 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Vampires / Poly

Notes: So far, I've been Team Shara over the other queens, but I've been looking forward to this book. Sunfires were a part of the bad guys in Shara's storyline and I'm intrigued how this will turn out.

Blurb: A Vampire Queen's Secret Baby

I awoke in a pile of garbage in a dark alley with no memory of what happened to me or even who I am. All I know is my name, Karmen. By the vicious scars on my body, I've been through hell and lived to tell about it. Barely.

In the hospital, my memory slowly begins to return. Something is after me. It's not safe. I have to get away. But I don't know who to trust. Certainly not the man who left me in the alley. He smelled like a wolf. Or the doctor, who asks me if I'm even human.

Then the doctor drops a bombshell. I'm pregnant. And I have no idea who the father is.

Only that his monsters hunt me in the burning light of day.



Title: Space Fox
Series: (G-Force Federation Book 1)
Author: LM Brown
Length: 202 pages

Genre: Romance / Sci-Fi / Shifters / Gargoyles / mpreg

Notes: I Love Brown's sci-fi books. I can't wait to see what she has in store.

Blurb: Protecting his shifter from threats is easy, but can he protect him from his own ambition?

As part of the G-Force Federation, gargoyle Jude is a newly promoted pilot eager to prove himself on his first solo assignment. Unfortunately, his plans go awry when his craft is shot down, leaving him stranded in the desert.

Kirby is a fennec fox shifter on the desert world of Cairo. When Jude’s ship comes under attack he races to help him, and after the crash he offers to guide him back to the base.

Their journey across the harsh desert is fraught with dangers, one of which is the lure of Kirby’s scent as he goes into heat for the first time. Jude’s protective attitude towards him pushes all the right buttons with Kirby, and it doesn’t take much for him to persuade the gargoyle to be his first lover.

When Kirby discovers he is pregnant they know one of them will have to make a sacrifice if they want to raise their baby together, but can either of them give up everything they have ever known?

***

Space Fox is Book One in the multi-author G-Force Federation mpreg, scifi series. Each book in the series can be read in any order. Join the G-Force Federation gargoyle warriors as they embark on their mission to protect and serve the Federation and possibly find their fated mates.



Title: The Rebel's Mate
Series: Blue Solace, 7
Author: CW GRay
Length: 230 pages

Genre: Romance / Sci-Fi / Fantasy / mpreg / Angst-Free / 

Notes: I'm re-listening to this series now. It's fun and cute and adorable and angst-free. I'm sad to see the series come to an end but excited to see what the author has up her sleeve.

Blurb: Welcome back to Charybdis Station and the crew of the Blue Solace: (Seventh Book in the series)

Finn Sterling is still adjusting to becoming the lieutenant of the blue fleet of Charybdis Station. As an orphan on Cardinal Hold, he never imagined he would have a position of authority as an adult and the trust his friends put in him makes failure impossible. When he is given the monumental task to find a large number of missing Vextonians, he'll take all the help he can get. When Finn's journey brings him to his mate, he discovers that finding the missing is only one part of the quest ahead of him.

Aiden Crow has spent the last year consumed with grief and his search for vengeance. When he meets Finn, he knows instantly that the man is his mate, but what could he possibly offer the beautiful, smiling Cardinal? As the search for the missing draw the two men together, Crow realizes that the greatest risk he faces is losing his heart.

Crow and Finn must work together to gather information so they can find the innocent before they are lost forever.

Author's Note: 55,000 words. This is a sci-fi/fantasy, m/m love story with no angst and no cheating, just a HEA. There is lots of action, a little sex, mpreg, and a few potty mouths involved in the story. 18+ readers only, please. It is also the seventh book in a series that is best read in order. Read "The Mercenary's Mate," "The General's Mate," "The Soldier's Mate," "The Lieutenant's Mate," "The Engineer's Mate," and "The Captain's Mate" first!


Title: The Dragon Mistress Book 4
Series: (The Eburosi Chronicles 11)
Author: R.A. Steffan
Length: 333 pages

Genre: Romance / Fantasy / Dragons / Poly / 

Notes: 

Blurb: We ran away, but it didn’t solve our problems.Now, we’re going back to fight for Aristede.

And oh, yeah—there’s also the small matter of toppling Rayth’s corrupt younger brother from the Utrean throne, so we can remove the bounty on our dragons’ heads. I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

As the king’s eldest son, Rayth grew up expecting to rule. Instead, he ended up disgraced and exiled. When he unknowingly stumbled upon the last five dragon eggs in existence, using the creatures to take back his crown was the last thing on his mind.

All that changed after Rayth’s brother Oblisii murdered their father and stole the kingship. With that fateful blow, what started out as a simple rescue mission to find our lost comrade has become something much more.

We won’t be safe until Oblisii is dead, and dragons are once more protected in the land of Utrea. To make that happen, we’ll have to risk everything in a desperate gamble to control the throne.

In the end, I just want my family back.
I’ll do whatever it takes to make that happen.

* * *

The Dragon Mistress: Book 4 by USA Today bestseller R. A. Steffan is the last installment in a medium-burn fantasy romance series with dragonriders, where the heroine doesn’t have to pick one person at the end. It is part of the Eburosi Chronicles, along with The Horse Mistress and The Lion Mistress. It’s not necessary to have read any of the other books in the series before starting The Dragon Mistress arc.

A special note for Fantasy readers: herein, you will find explicit sex scenes, not all of which are heterosexual. If your gut reaction to that is “Eww” or even “Meh,” you probably won't enjoy this series.




Title: Alluvial
Series: Valos of Sonhadra, 1
Author: Amanda Milo
Length: 162 pages

Genre: Romance / Sci-Fi / Aliens / Dragons (that look like trees) / MFMMM

Notes: This I have read. It was fun and not dark like I expected since the word torture is in the blurb. I liked the re-imagining of dragons.

Blurb: Someone’s using me as leverage against my family. I was your average citizen, innocent of any crime worth going to prison for, and yet here I am.

But this isn’t a regular prison ship.

*Torture.*


Experiments.


They alter me. And when the ship crashes on an alien planet, some of my new abilities come in quite handy—it’s the side effects that aren’t entirely welcome.


Not by me, anyway. The tribe of aliens that have taken me captive?
They don’t seem to mind.

~The Valos of Sonhadra series is the shared vision of nine scifi and fantasy romance authors. Each book is a standalone with a guaranteed Happy Ever After and can be read in any order.~
**Note: Explicit content, sexual situations, and language warning. 44K word novel.


Thank you for stopping by and reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment