Saturday, October 19, 2019

What's on the Reading Radar? #TBR #wishlist

What have I been up to? Lots of editing this week trying to get Sumeria's Sons back out. I still have a list of Admin stuff that I need to do, like update my website that I need to get to. :)

I've been reading all week instead of listening to an audiobook while crocheting.


Title: Jaguar and Grizzly
Series: (Apex Investigations Book 2)
Author: Julia Talbot
Length: 169 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Shifters / Gay / High Heat Intimacy / 

Notes: The plot thickens! I'm really enjoying this series. Can't wait to see what happens next. I hope it's James's story. 

Blurb: A client with a cheating wife, a warehouse of cult members, and someone with a deadly vendetta—just a day’s work for Apex Investigations. Or is it?

Bear shifter “Grizz” Locke is ex-military and ready for PI work, which if not exactly safe seems less likely to get him killed on a daily basis. The added bonus of teaming up with former lover, Brock, a jaguar shifter, is all the incentive Grizz needs.

Brock can be a grumpy kitty, but has found a home and family at Apex. And now as luck would have it, he has a chance to rekindle his romance with Grizz. They might even rebuild their mate bond, severed years ago—as long as they don't manage to get killed first.

When an enemy targets the Apex team, Brock and Locke will fight with all they have to protect their own. To enjoy life and love as fate intended, they will have to find out who wants them dead before someone at the agency pays the ultimate price.





Title: The Toymaker's Hoard
Series: Trice City Lovers 2
Author: Megan Derr
Length: 112 pages

Genre: Romance / Fantasy / Shifters and Such / Poly / 

Notes: I really loved this short story. I love romances that are mostly angst free. I'm going to have to go back and re-read Love Tokens. Cadmus is so sweet.

Blurb: Cadmus is content to spend his days quietly tending his shop and creating custom toys, music boxes, and automatons for his clients. It's a peaceful life, minus the occasional hostile visit from a rival who wants to know the secret behind his creations, which require no winding to work.

Then an intriguing new client, Lady Serena, blows into his shop requesting he make a gift for the man she loves but is forbidden to be with. She is followed shortly by her father, the notorious Chief of Police Harren Imperia, who ends up taking Cadmus out for coffee—and introduces him to Lord Paali, whose son is the object of Serena's affection.

As he is dragged further into their dizzying world, he finds himself facing problems he never expected: being caught between the wishes of the parents and the wants of the children, and drawn helplessly to the fierce Harren and intriguing Lord Paali…




Title: Jon's Downright Ridiculous Shooting Case
Series: (Jon's Mysteries Case 1)
Author: AJ Sherwood
Length: 264 pages

Genre: Romance / Contemporary / Mystery / Gay / Humor / Paranormal /

Notes: I have been waffling about this one but I keep hearing good things about it. I finished reading it last night and I LOVED it. The characters, the different cases, all of it was awesome. I had to amend the genre with paranormal since Jon is psychic. 

Blurb: A psychic without an anchor. A student in trouble. A shooter on the loose.

I’m Jonathan Bane, a licensed psychic who consults for the police. I routinely help the police put the bad guys away and, for that reason, the criminal world doesn’t like me much. People like to take a swing at me, or go stabbity, or try for a gun. It makes for interesting times. My psychic ability prevents me from handling anything electronic—and I do mean ANYTHING, I fry it in seconds—so calling for help isn’t always a possibility.

I need an anchor, a partner, but I’m resigned: it’s just wishful thinking.

At least, I thought so until he walked through the door.

Donovan Havili looks like a thug and has the soul of a superhero. He shines so bright in my vision it’s like watching a supernova. He definitely has the right mindset and skills for this crazy job. But asking anyone to take me on long-term is a bit much. And now we’ve got multiple cases to handle, a Chinese exchange student falsely accused who needs our help, and someone taking random shots at me. It’s a bit much for any new guy to handle and I’m half-afraid that my new partner will run for the door.

But in Donovan Havili, the criminal world has met its match. And maybe, just maybe, I have as well.

Trigger Warnings:
Your average cop show violence and criminals



Title: The Geek and his Bad Boys
Series: 
Author: R. Cayden
Length: 224 pages

Genre: Romance / Contemporary / Hot Heads / Geek / Gay / Poly / 

Notes: This was recommended to me and I really enjoyed it. I picked up another book by this new-to-me author. :D

Blurb: Can his tender heart handle their scorching passion?
Some people have to fight like hell for their love.
Striker and Dante? They come out swinging.

Frances:

I thought I was just going to get a tattoo.
It was so out of character. All of my gaymer friends thought I was going to chicken out because I’m afraid of needles.

But I was done being scared of things. I had spent enough of my life being scared.
Scared of bullies. Of my father.
Scared of every jerk who put me down.
The thing is, Striker and Dante? The tattoo artists?

They scare me.

They scare me because of how amazing it feels when I’m with them.
They scare me because, once we get together, I’m doing things I never thought I would do.
And most of all, they scare me because of how much they love each other.

Could I dare to be loved like that, too?
To be theirs?

The Geek and His Bad Boys is a 60,000+ word standalone MMM romance. It is a high heat novel, with loads of passion between our three men. Childhood bullies get faced down, a geek gets a spicy tattoo, and the story ends HEA for all three characters. Enjoy!



Thank you for stopping by and reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment