Tuesday, June 7, 2016

The End of Sumeria's Sons

I can see the end of Releasing Chaos. Today, I'm starting on the final battle. I'm not sure what is going to happen. I already have an idea what Brian and Ushna will do. Gregori, Juan, and Ace will work as a team. Magi will be given permission to use magic offensively. Warriors and Ophidians will do their best against the Servants of the Glorious One. There are surprises planned and a twist or two that will have the last book of the Sumeria's Sons go out with a bang. 

I've cried. Not crocodile tears or gasping sobs, but silent reluctant tears. Some of the emotion is because these guys get their happily ever after, and they deserve it. I cried because that ending is going to be hard won. And I cried because there are a couple of characters who's love for family made me proud and broke my heart.

Now, all I need to do is get the evil Goddess and her cohorts correct, give them a good thrashing, and then wrap everything up. It looks as if I can have the first draft of Releasing Chaos finished this week if I push. (which means no recreational reading for me, pooh!) Then I have to decide if I'll sit on it or start typing up. (The Dragon software was recommended to me so I might give it a try to see if it's faster.) More than likely, I'll sit on it because Kenzie Cade is waiting on me to return Devil's Heart and my portion of those edits which I put off to concentrate on Releasing Chaos. After that, it looks as if the rest of my month will be spent editing... *cries* Such a necessary evil.

Wish me luck!

Thank you for stopping by and reading!!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! The end of a series is always bitter sweet for me. I love the characters and the story in this series and will be sad to see it conclude. But, I will always be grateful that you shared them with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gary! You may see some of these characters in a different series, so they won't be gone-gone. Thank you for sticking with me through the ups and downs. <3

      Delete