Sunday, July 12, 2015

Rainbow Con 2015 Schedule



Rainbow Con will be really hectic. I'm sitting on nine panels (master *cough*cough* moderator of three) as well as participating in the Author Signing and Author Reading. 

Oh! I also volunteered to sit at the Queer Sci-Fi table at different times.

And, I have a table in the dealer's room. That's were I'll be when I'm not otherwise engaged. If you catch me at my table ask me what I have for special swag because I have stuff to give away (limited quantity). So don't be shy.

Oh! And I also give out hugs if you're a hugger. :)

This Rainbow Con is super special for me because my baby sister, Tessa, is coming with me. YAY!! This is her first conference and she's a bit nervous. *hugs*

For the full Rainbow Con schedule [click here]. There is a ton of stuff to participate in.

Here's my schedule for anyone who's interested.



Thursday, July 16th, 1:00 p.m.

(Queen Palm) Fiction: How Much Sex is Too Much Sex? - Can any erotic story have too much sex? Is there any magic percentage of sex a book should have? Should every sex scene serve a purpose? Join us and find out! [18+ only]

Moderator: Brenda Cothern - Panelists: Cassandra Carr, Grace R. Duncan, Kassa, Lexi Ander

Thursday, July 16th, 2:00 p.m.

(Section I) Hard vs Soft Sci-Fi - Our panelists discuss the similarities, differences, challenges, and benefits of writing both hard science fiction (which adheres very closely to scientific theories as understood at the time of writing) and soft science fiction (which spends less time on the details of the advanced technologies presented).

Moderator: Princess S.O. - Panelists: Bear, J. Scott Coatsworth, Kassa, Lexi Ander

Thursday, July 16th, 3:00 p.m.

You can find me at my table in the dealer's room.

Thursday, July 16th, 4:00 p.m.

Queer Sci-Fi Table - Will also be signing any of the Sumeria's Sons books there as well.

Thursday, July 16th, 5:00 p.m.

You can find me at my table in the dealer's room. The Dealer's room closes at 6:00 p.m.



Friday, July 17th, 10:00 a.m.

(Section IV) Why Won't You Die: Vampires and Zombies - Not Another Zomb-pire movie/book/tv-show! People say they're sick of vampires and zombies so often their protests have become a mantra, but vampires and zombies still dominate the entertainment industry. What is the allure of the zombie or vampire, and why can't we seen to quit them?

Moderator: Lexi Ander - Panelists: Arshad Ahsanuddin, Ashlyn Daube, JC Wallace, JT Cheyanne

Friday, July 17th, 11:00 a.m.

(Section II) My God, It's Full of Gays! - Science fiction tends to be on the forefront of acceptance and tolerance, stretching back long before the controversially multicultural crew of the original Star Trek, and the appearance of LGBTQ characters and themes are merely the next wave. Our panelists will discuss queer elements in science fiction and why this genre in particular seems to be the vanguard of equality.

Moderator: Angel Martinez - Panelists: Arshad Ahsanuddin, J. Scott Coatsworth, Lexi Ander, Melissa Kleen

Friday, July 17th, 1:00 p.m.

You can find me at my table in the dealer's room.

Friday, July 17th, 2:00 p.m.

(Section IV) Warning: Too Many Warnings - Warnings for kink. Warnings for abuse. Warnings for a Mary Sue. Warnings for rape. Warnings for character death. Warnings, warnings, warnings! Sit down with our panelists to discuss the prevalence of warnings in fandom and how that reader expectation is spreading into the professional arena.

ModeratorLexi Ander - Panelists: Ashlyn Daube, Sara York, Sloan Johnson

Friday, July 17th, 3:00 p.m.

Queer Sci-Fi Table - Will also be signing any of the Valespian Pact books there as well.

Friday, July 17th, 4:00-6:00 p.m.

You can find me at my table in the dealer's room.



Saturday, July 18th, 10:00 a.m.

You can find me at my table in the dealer's room.

Saturday, July 18th, 11:00 a.m.

(Section III) Author Signings
Andrew Q. Gordon, Bear, EM Lynley, J.T. Cheyanne, Jamie Lynn Miller, JC Wallace, Lexi Ander, Racheline Maltese, Skylar M. Cates, Taylor Law, Vicktor Alexander

Saturday, July 18th, 1:00 p.m.

(Section V) Anthro Sex - We'll discuss the finer points of writing sex with anthropomorphic creatures, where to draw the line between realistic and sexy, and why the very idea of half-man, half-animal romance is such a turn-on. [18+ only]

Moderator: K. Piet - PanelistsLexi Ander, Sui Lynn

Saturday, July 18th, 2:00-4:00 p.m.

You can find me at my table in the dealer's room.

Saturday, July 18th, 4:00 p.m.

(Section V) Shifter Sex - Erotic fiction starring sexy shifters skirts the edges of bestiality. It turns us on, gets past the publishers, and misses the censoring arm of the bookstore. What is it about shifter sex that appeals to us? How much is too much? And what recommendations for awesome reads do you have for our panelists and attendees? [18+ only]

ModeratorLexi Ander - Panelists: HL Holston, K. Piet, Shannon West, Sui Lynn

Saturday, July 18th, 5:00 p.m.

(Section V) Beyond the Wolf: Non-Canine Shifters - The mostly commonly used shapeshifter is the werewolf, but there's are so many more options to choose from. Come chat about your favorite leopard, snake, bear, or unicorn shifters!

Moderator: K-lee Klein - Panelists: Eli Easton, Jenna Hale, Lexi Ander


Sunday, July 19th, 10:00 a.m.

You can find me at my table in the dealer's room.

Sunday, July 19th, 11:00 a.m.

(Section I) Fifty Shades of Fantasy - With so many supernatural beings in various media today, it's a whirlwind of different types of fantasy! This panel will take a look at the differences and strengths of Urban Fantasy, High Fantasy, Epic Fantasy, Science Fantasy, and Dark Fantasy.

Moderator: Angel Martinez - PanelistsLexi Ander, Lloyd A. Meeker, Stephen del Mar

Sunday, July 19th, 12:00 p.m.

(Section III) Author Readings - Jordan L. Hawk, Lexi Ander, Rin Sparrow

Sunday, July 19th, 2:00 p.m.

Queer Sci-Fi Table - Helping out.

No comments:

Post a Comment