Sunday, October 12, 2014

Count Down To GRL - Where I Will Be

This is my last blog before I head off to Chicago. I'm leaving tomorrow and I'm trying to stave off the con jitters. Going as a reader was much simpler. All I needed was something descent to wear and extra cash to feed my book addiction. If I needed to disappear into my room for a couple of hours because I became a tad overwhelmed, I could without feeling guilty.

Now I have lists and more list because I'm afraid that I'll forget something vital. I bought and then promptly lost my black sharpie. And I'm attempting to plan for all contingencies. Headaches, migraines, coughs, and colds. Do I want to wear makeup? Do I want to wear jewelry? I get stuff out and then put it right back hours later.

Where will I find good coffee?  That's a serious question because coffee is very, very important.

You would think that I've never traveled before. ^_^

This isn't my first con as an author. I went to RainbowCon in April. It was a small con and there were a couple of people who I knew and I met several more for the first time. I sat on panels and attended others, and when I just needed everything to pause for a little while I went to visit the ladies at the LT3 table and simply chilled.

Keep reminding myself that I did fine then I will do fine this coming week. I'm just over thinking everything. Once I get there and and start the activities, I'll be fine.

Ooooohhhh!

You know what I did? Have mercy I wanted to crawl under a rock and disappear.

So I was putting together my spreadsheet for Ethan Day with a list of books that I would bring to GRL to sell. When I inserted the sell price something niggled at me that I did something wrong somewhere. And the answer was, yes, I did.

Back in August when I put together the pre-order sheet I listed the wrong pre-sale amount for the books.

Color me twelve shades of  M.O.R.T.I.F.I.E.D.

I sent out the refund because, yes, there was only one buyer. But that didn't keep me from feeling like a complete and utter idiot.

So if anyone is wondering here are the sale prices for GRL (that have been quadruple checked just to make sure I didn't slip back into idiocy again).

$5 - Alpha Trine
$10 - Striker
$5 - Twin Flames

Here is a list of what I'll be doing and where I'll be if your at GRL and want to look me up. ^_^
I volunteered for a few things as well.

Tuesday, Oct. 14th
11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Stamping in the Atrium (Volunteered)

Wednesday, Oct. 15th
8:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Stamping in the Atrium (Volunteered)

Thursday, Oct. 16th
Supporting Author Booksigning (this is me signing books)
10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Cyprus I & II

Friday, October 17th
Author Lounge Event
12:30 p.m. - 1:10 p.m.
Trillium III

2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Fun Fair Volunteer (Volunteered)

Saturday, Oct. 18th
Feature Author Booksigning - (this is me feeding my book addiction by having others sign books for me.)
2:00 to 5:00 p.m.

11:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
Clean-up TB Time Travel Party (Volunteered)

That's it! I will be around so please don't be shy. Say, Hi. I'm good at giving and receiving hugs if you want/need one. See you there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment