Friday, October 15, 2021

What's on the Reading Radar? #read #TBR #WishList

So I was out of town last weekend and didn't have a chance to build the Reading Radar before I left. I have a couple of #read since I listened to a couple of audiobooks while driving. :)

Title: Reckless
Series: (Leather & Chrome Book 1)
Author: Kiki Clark
Length: 264 pages

Genre: Romance / Contemporary / Motorcycle Club / Gay / 

Notes: I bought the audiobook on a whim. It's been a while since I read a MC book and the sample had me hooked. There is very little MC life in this and is more about their relationship. How they meet and grow together as they figure things out. There is a light daddy/boy play here, and even though it starts out with Tank getting out of prison, it is not dark. It's angst free and a little sex heavy. I don't normally ready the daddy/boy trope because the daddies are usually alphaholes. Tank is a nurturing alpha, which I'm all for. There is a little possessiveness, but it wasn't toxic. I really enjoyed the book and got more caught up in it than I thought I would. I'm looking forward to the next book.

Blurb: Ride hard. Love harder. Live recklessly.

Tank is done with his old life. All it's brought him is trouble and misery in the form of a four-year prison term. Though he did find one good thing while behind bars: Charles "CJ" Crane, pen pal extraordinaire.

After months of exchanging increasingly personal letters, Tank knows exactly where he's headed as soon as the prison gates open. CJ doesn't know he's coming, and he's not sure what he'll say when he gets there, but he knows one thing for certain.

The promises he and his boy made to each other in their letters may have been reckless, but he's willing to risk everything he’s got on finding out if what they have could be real.

Reckless is the first book in the Leather & Chrome series and features a motorcycle club's annual charity ride, a possessive biker whose new favorite color is pink, a twenty-four-year-old overly eager to experience his first time, and an excessive appreciation for perfectly lined tattoos.

Please see Author's Note for additional information.


Series: The Alpha Queen Legacy, 1
Author: Laurel Night
Length: 248 pages

Genre: Romance / Slow Burn / Dystopia / Paranormal / Shifters / RH

Notes: I started this on the way back home and gotta say that what I got through is really good. I wanna say, that it's probably one of the better RH romances that I've read in a while... but I'm going to hold onto that until I finish the book. I've read books that start out strong like this one has but it lost it's appeal half way through. I've not read this author before so I'm not sure what to expect.

Blurb: It’s amazing to be a powerful wolf… if you’re male.

When you’re a nineteen year-old girl who can beat the crap out of every wolf in your pack, suddenly it’s not so great.

Love isn’t everything, I know; but even the most powerful she-wolf submits to her mate. If you can’t be beaten, you can’t be mated.

And an unmated wolf has no place in the pack.

My one hope is the clan gathering in the Blackwood Fortress. Every wolf in the continent attends, and a few seriously sexy wolves catch my eye. I’m bound to find at least one who can match me, right?

Then there’s my other problem: My pack leader is a grade-A jerk. After treating me like a genetic freak my whole life, he suddenly decides to stake a claim. But I can’t refuse the challenge, and my wolf won’t back down. Either I submit to the pack leader and become mated to his skeezy pelt, or I win the challenge and my freedom… by taking his place as pack leader.

Only no one has ever heard of a female pack leader, and if I become one, I’ll never find a mate.

Wolf Shunned is the first book in The Warrior Queen Legacy, featuring a badass heroine, a dystopian fantasy world, and loads of sexy wolf shifters. Be warned: This is a slow burn romance in which the heroine keeps all of her men. Once you pick this story up, you won’t be able to stop devouring it until the very last page.

The Warrior Queen Legacy is now a complete series!

Title: Written
Series: The Librarian's Coven
Author: Kathryn Moon
Length: 

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Alternate World / Bisexual / Mystery / 

Notes: Currently, the ebook is only $0.99. If you are looking for a spooky read, this had that going on. I'm not finished yet, but I'm really enjoying the book so far.

Blurb: From her first step onto Canderfey University's campus Joanna Wick, the new librarian-in-training, is overwhelmed by the bustle of people and the wealth of magical information now available to her. Most overwhelming of all, she attracts the attention of three handsome professors. But Aiden King, Callum Pike, and Isaac Metclaffe are a coven waiting to find their fourth and complete their home and Joanna knows she can't be that witch. She's barely magical.

When danger crawls onto the campus from the edges of the Hand Woods, and irrepressible feelings crawl into her heart, Joanna Wick must explore her own identity and abilities.

Aiden has been waiting twenty years to complete his coven. Callum doesn't want to disappoint his covenmates by turning down another potential fourth. Isaac has found a home with them both and only wants the best for his lovers. Have they found what they've all been waiting for in the skittish new hire at the university library?

Written by Kathryn Moon is a Reverse Harem Romance and the first book in The Librarian's Coven series.

Series: (Samantha Rain Mysteries Book 1)
Author: Arizona Tape
Length: 168 pages

Genre: Mystery / Paranormal / Side F/F Romance / 

Notes: I've been eyeing this series for a while. Book one is only $0.99 for the ebook. Since I wasn't sure what I wanted to listen to on the trip, I bought the audio for backup, just in case. I didn't crack this open yet but I'm sure that I will soon. 

Blurb: When Detective Samantha Rain gets bitten by a hellhound, she's forced into the magical world of the Nox, night creatures living in secret between humans. Vampires, Will-O-Wisps, and much more uncommon types hide in a world that runs on oaths, blood, and death.

Unsure of whom she can trust, she has no choice but to rely on Lilith, heir of the Will-O-Wisp clan. Samantha has to earn her protection by solving a missing person's case that could change the future.

If she doesn't succeed, she'll pay with her life.

****

The Case Of The Night Mark is an Urban Fantasy Mystery with a lesbian romance in the background.

Series: (Midnight Guardians Book 1)
Author: Kristin Jacques
Length: 282 pages

Genre: Romance / Victorian-esque / Paranomral / Vampires and Hunters / Gay / Mystery? /

Notes: 

Blurb: A novice hunter with a mission. A five-hundred-year-old vampire with a strong sense of irony. A town plagued by creatures in need of saving.

When Johnathan Newman arrives in Cress Haven, the last thing he expects is for his life to be irrevocably changed. Sent by a clandestine league of vampire hunters to investigate a string of murders, signs point to a vampire lurking amid the townsfolk. Johnathan’s attempt to enlist the locals leads him to an unlikely partnership with Vic, the town's most eligible, enigmatic bachelor.

As the pair work to solve the mystery, Vic’s secrets come back to bite him. Revealed, the vampire fights his attraction to a man trained to destroy him, while Johnathan’s emotions land him in the middle of forbidden desires. Even if Vic isn’t the murderer, how can Johnathan yearn for his natural enemy?

As Vic leads Johnathan into encounters with terrifying beings straight from children’s nightmares, Johnathan learns that not only is the world stranger than he knew, but that those he once trusted have far darker intentions that will place hunter and vampire at the center of a conflict between realms.

Cress Haven holds more sinister secrets than its resident vampire, a secret so great, it could unleash Hell itself.

For fans of Gail Carriger’s Supernatural Society, The Charm of Magpies series by KJ Charles, Silver in the Wood by Emily Tesh, and The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzie Lee.


Thank you for stopping by and reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment