Friday, May 14, 2021

What is on the Reading Radar? #WishList #TBR

 Hello! So, I have a problem for this week's Reading Radar. I haven't picked up a new book this week. Eeek! Right?

I'm in the middle of reading a half dozen books (no exaggeration there) but I'm stalled for one reason or another. Most of them is because the story turned tense and my anxiety screamed, "I CAN'T LOOK!" So though it's a great story, it's on pause. There are a couple that that I'm almost finished with but since the last book in the series ended in a huge cliffhanger, it is paused until the next book comes out 'cause I just can't read a cliffhanger. Then I thought, well, let's look what I put on the wish list, but nothing is calling to me. Even go-to story types. I'm sort of in this weird reading limbo. So I'm just going to blindly pick titles and put them on the Radar. No rhyme or reason. LOL
Series:
Author(s): K. Webster
Length: 188 pages

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Age Gap / Angst Central / Gay / 

Notes: Angsty! I'm so glad there is a warning. The blurb sounds so good though... !!

Blurb: ***This is the fifth book to release in the Kingdom of Wolves collection but is a COMPLETE STANDALONE. It’s meant to be read on its own and is a full story with a happily ever after.***

I found him when he was a boy.
Bloody. Mangled. Near death.
If I’d been a merciful Alpha, I would’ve snapped his neck and ended him right then.

Except, I didn’t.
Something in his big brown eyes tugged at my heart strings.
I kept him. Healed him. Raised him to be fierce, loyal, and brave.

Now that he’s an adult, everything’s changing.
He’s no longer the soft, scared boy I once thought he was.
No, there’s an uncontrollable anger inside him.
A rage-filled hate I don’t understand.

As a dangerous pack begins tormenting us and destroying our home, I feel him pulling from me as he seeks justice.
He thirsts for revenge, even if it means leaving our pack and going solo.
But, as his Alpha, I won’t let him go without a fight.

Each time he pushes, I pull him right back to me.
I’ll keep him locked in my arms or pinned beneath me forever if that’s what it takes to keep him.
A shift of morals has begun.
One I don’t understand, but certainly don’t resist.

I’m the most powerful wolf on Beacon Island. I don’t have weaknesses.
Until now.
This wild, reckless young man changed everything when he stole my heart.

This book is a steamy standalone MM age-gap shifter romance. No other books need to be read before or after this one as it is a complete story.  

Title: Entity
Series:
Author(s): Toshi Drake
Length: 208 pages

Genre: Romance / Science Fiction / Action & Adventure / Gay

Notes: Releases May 16th

Blurb: Lieutenant Michael Collins’s week just went to hell. The suspicious actions of his captain escalates as he orders Michael to investigate a dead ship’s heart—the cephalopods that pilot the star drive system. The mission forces Michael from the safety of his ship and his lover, Commander Eizen Sartris, while straining the bond with his own ship’s heart, Padua. Attacked by Siwu pirates, Michael finds refuge on a damaged alien vessel, where he waits for Eizen to rescue him. But in the dark cold wreckage, he discovers a thriving garden tended by a strange young boy on behalf of his enigmatic “Mama.” Fear dominates Michael’s thoughts as he struggles not to succumb to the darkness and terror of abandonment. To survive he must rely on his wits and hold fast to his faith that Eizen will find him before the pirates—or before the mysterious entity on board decides to destroy him.

Series: (Sucker For Love Mysteries Book 2)
Author(s): KL Hiers
Length: 191 pages

Genre: Romance / Mystery / Sci-Fi / Gay

Notes: Releases May 18th

Blurb: It’s just Ted’s luck that he meets the love of his life while covered in the blood of a murder victim.

Funeral worker Ted Sturm has a foul mouth, a big heart, and a knack for communicating with the dead. Unfortunately the dead don’t make very good friends, and Ted’s only living pal, his roommate, just rescued a strange cat who’s determined to make his life even more miserable. This cat is more than he seems, and soon Ted finds himself in an alternate dimension… and on top of a dead body.

When Ted is accused of murder, his only ally in a strange world full of powerful magical beings calling for his head is King Grell, a sarcastic, randy, catlike immortal with impressive abilities… and anatomy. The two soon find themselves at the center of a cosmic conspiracy and surrounded by dangerous enemies. But with Ted’s special skills and Grell’s magic, they have a chance to get to the bottom of the mystery and save Ted. There’s just one problem: Ted’s got to resist Grell’s aggressive advances… and he isn’t sure he wants to.

Series:
Author(s): Crea Reitan
Length: 1243 pages

Genre: Romance Fantasy / Wonderland Fairytale / Dark Fantasy / Paranormal / Bisexual / RH

Notes: 

Blurb: Mal is a Fixer, a child raised and trained to “fix” broken fairy tales by an organization the Fixers refer to as DeadEnd. Because, once you enter a fairy tale, there’s no getting out.

Mal has been assigned Wonderland. You know Wonderland, the place Alice visited as a child. Wonderland, with a Mad Hatter and a Cheshire Cat. Wonderland, who has consumed twenty-seven Fixers before Mal and has been dubbed “toxic” by the Operators of DeadEnd. But Wonderland needs to be fixed. It’s been toxic so long that every Wonderland story in the real world is being transformed into something entirely not child friendly.

After training for eleven years and studying every re-telling of Lewis Carroll’s classic, Mal leaves the world behind and enters her very own dead-end fairy tale. Well… everything is certainly twisted. The people are broken; the Bloody Queens’ reign has thrown the world into turmoil and upset the balance; and the places are, quite frankly, mad.

At least she found a few mostly-sane, entirely gorgeous men to help her along the way. Help her re-write this fairy tale back to its original wonder. And perhaps help her build a life in Wonderland for when she succeeds - because she is determined to do what the other twenty-seven have not been able to.

Everything seemed pretty straight forward, and going pretty smoothly, until she realized the fairy tale she’d been sent in to fix is actually infected by another…

The box set includes a novella-length exclusive content!!

**This is a series of full-length, new adult, reverse harem, dark romance novels with a ‘why choose’ ending, meaning the main character gets a happily ever after with more than one man. It contains magic, demons, shifters, nonsense, explicit sex scenes, blood, murder. There are references to past emotional abuse. This is a MMFMM book with a STRONG focus on the woman (although there is some MM and MMF in here, too).

Series: (Carpe Noctem Book 1)
Author(s): Ariel Millar
Length: 240 pages

Genre: Romance / Dystopia / Paranormal / Gay

Notes: 

Blurb: Kor:

As an Alpha of the First War, the only thing I had ever known was battle.

Captured, bound, and unable to see, I wasn’t the sort of Alpha to give up without a fight.

Escape turned out to be the easy part, but coping with everything else threatened to drop me to my knees. Learning that my injuries were permanent made me question my abilities as an Alpha, but when my Wolf wanted to bond with the human who had been brought in along with me, I started to question my sanity. Never mind that I had no time for a mate, there was no way the resistance would follow a blind Alpha with a human as his bonded. Still, they had little choice. More of our people were going missing every day, and it was starting to look like the corruption was going all the way to the top.

Misha:

I never believed the madness of my father would one day turn on me.

Held prisoner in a genetic lab, rescue came at the hands of a Wolf, and the promise that they could figure out what sort of experiments my father was working on me. The pain was overwhelming, and it wasn’t until I saw glowing orange eyes in the mirror that I realized what was happening. I was turned. I was an abomination, and unlikely to survive.

And I might have welcomed death if it hadn’t been for the blind Alpha whose soul wrapped around mine. When his lips called me his, I knew I had to fight. There was a war looming, and mistrust everywhere we turned, but I knew if anyone could protect his people and end the suffering of both humans and Wolves, it was the one who called me mate.

Cold Hard Ground is the first book in a Dystopian MM Werewolf trilogy featuring A/B/O hierarchy with no mpreg, mild violence, and a happily ever after.

Title: Mad Dog
Series: (Second Skin Book 1)
Author(s): Ophelia Bell
Length: 358 pages

Genre: Romance / Contemporary / Poly

Notes: 

Blurb: My military discharge was only a year ago and all I want is to do tattoos and live my life, put my old scars and previous sins behind me. But it turns out my oldest wound can still inflict fresh agony.

Her name is Celeste, she was my first everything, and those feelings haven't died.

The problem is, I have feelings for someone else now too, and I don't know if Celeste would understand...

Leo is his name, the inked-up gangbanger who visits my shop for new tattoos every Saturday like clockwork.

And just to complicate this clusterf*ck that is my life now, Leo is also in love with Celeste.

Both are off limits, and I know it. He's straight. I'm not. And she's the daughter of one of the most dangerous men in the western hemisphere. But fate seems to keep throwing them in my path, torturing me with the one thing I want but can't have.

Until the night Leo comes to me with a proposal, and a request I never expected to hear spills from his lips. But even one night with them would be worth risking everything.

Thank you for stopping by and reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment