Friday, September 18, 2020

What's on the Reading Radar? #TBR #WishList

 What am I doing? Sanding, staining, and painting. I'm sooooo tired of not having an office with a real desk. Props to all the writers who enjoy writing anywhere. Been there, done that, have the T-shirt for the last several months. I'm done. I want my own space again. Reading has been weird. I cannot settling on one story for long and have been jumping from book to book. It's kinda frustrating because I'm leaving a ton of unfinished books in my wake.

Title: DEADKREST

Series: DEADKREST, 1

Author: Quirah Casey

Length: 

Genre: Romance / Fantasy / Royalty / Revenge / RH

Notes: The release date for this isn't until October 6th.

Blurb: They thought they broke me, but in the end they only freed me… and now I’m going to kill them all.

My crown has always been nothing more than a pretty shackle and I was a willing prisoner, until my brother killed the love of my life. Now that the illusion of happiness has been shattered, the storm inside of me has been awoken and I’m going to get my revenge.

Being banished to Ezowel was the first step in my plan and now I have to find the DEADKREST. The exiled group of royals are the only people who ever got close to ending the way of the six kingdoms, and I know they’re my only chance at toppling my brother off of his throne and taking it as mine.

But the DEADKREST prove to be nothing that I expect.

I don’t expect the men to be cold, blood-thirtsy monsters instead of the rumored good-hearted royals I believed them to be.

I don’t expect them to hate each other.

I don’t expect them to ignite feelings that I haven’t felt since my husband was killed.

And I certainly don’t expect for them to fight over me.

How will we ever get us off this godforsaken island so I can get my revenge if they can’t stop trying to kill each other?

••••••

This is the first book in a fantasy reverse harem trilogy.


Title: Duster: Grimdark Novel of Dead Gods, Old Heroes, and a World at War

Series: 

Author: Adam Stemple

Length: 360 pages

Genre: Dark Fantasy / Hero Quest?

Notes: 

Blurb: Invaders from the north. A missing son. A conspiracy that spans centuries. And the man at the center of it all has only a murderous pimp and a treacherous half-breed to help him.


The Dusters, a race of cat people from the north, have invaded and now former soldier Mika must make a grim choice: take up the sword again or watch everything he loves burn.

With his old friend from the military, Gair, and a mysterious, half-breed Duster, Mika makes his way from his Northern border home to the southern capital, across the frozen wastes of the Duster homelands, and deep underground where the legendary Gallochs dwell, desperate to unravel the mystery of the invasion and how it's connected to his origin. Hunted by his own kind and unable to trust his companions, he finds that to save his family, he may have to defeat not only the Duster army but the very Gods themselves.

Penned by award-winning author, Adam Stemple, Duster is an epic, page-turning fantasy that is dark, funny, and violent by turns and keeps the reader on edge till the very last sword stroke.

Title: Fathers' Honor

Series: 

Author: MCA Hogarth

Length: 252 pages

Genre: Romance / Sci-Fi / Poly / 

Notes: I have not read any of the books from the Dreamhealers series, though one of them (like #4) is on by Wish List. But this says that it is a standalone.

Blurb: THREE HEADS ARE BETTER THAN ONE


When his favorite student invites him to immigrate to the world of the fabled Eldritch, Armin Palland brings his wife and mother-in-law and all the unresolved issues he's been avoiding. That he arrives to a planet without a university to employ him leaves him stranded with nothing to do but what he does best: turn his psychology degree and analytical powers on the plight of the natives... and one native in particular.

But it was never his intention to get involved with an Eldritch father, much less an Eldritch father AND a middle-aged intransigent Glaseah, neither of whom will let him crawl back into his comfortable shell. There's a road between Armin and his life-altering epiphany, and it's going to take him straight through a hospital ward, several weeks of language lessons, and his first attempt at... wargaming?

And they say old dogs can't learn new tricks....

Familiar friends from the Dreamhealers series take center stage for this standalone Peltedverse novel, set during the Fallowtide period after the end of the Chatcaavan War.


Title: For Honor

Series: (Tales of Akkaria Book 1)

Author: Simon Strange

Length: 

Genre: Romance / Fantasy / Gay

Notes: Straight off, this cover made me think parody or satire, but the the blurb sounds like it might be on the dark side. I have not read Simon Strange before so I cannot guess at style or how dark. This doesn't release until Decemeber 1st

Blurb: An Epic Fantasy Romance from Simon Strange


This is the story of Orin and Mardjuuk; a human academic who only wanted to find his brother, and an orikhan chieftan's son who only wanted to restore his honor and reclaim the land of his ancestors.

This is a story of cruelty, of danger, of magic, and of love that can stop a war and save two empires.

Title: Grave Mistakes

Series: (Hellgate Guardians Book 1)

Authors: Ivy Asher, Raven Kennedy

Length: 312 pages

Genre: Romance / Urban Fantasy / Demon Gate Protector / RH

Notes: This was recommended to me but I cannot remember why (I forgot to make a note). But I'm game and it sounds fun. :)

Blurb: It’s never a good combo to be broke and desperate. You do stupid things. Like accidentally sign your soul over to Hell.


When I interviewed for a new security job, I didn’t bat an eye that it was for a literal graveyard shift...headstones and all. I mean, at the hourly rate they were offering, who cares? I got this.

Turns out, I’m not guarding a graveyard like I thought. It seems I’ve just walked my broke ass into protecting a Gate to Hell. Yeah…I don’t got this.

Now I’m stuck in a terrifying new reality: a group of hot demons who act like I can solve all their problems, and a battle between good, evil, and balance.

This will seriously teach me to read the fine print on Help Wanted ads. Good thing this job comes with a scythe. Maybe I can use it to stop them from dragging my ass into Hell.


Title: Love Never Dies

Series: 

Author: Pelaam

Length: 220 pages

Genre: Romance / Steampunk / Fantasy / Gay

Notes: 

Blurb: Brother and sister team Midnight and Aurora Pendragon have a successful airship business taking clients on trips to be photographed with their pet pterodactyl. The last thing they expect is to have one such trip hijacked by the dashing adventurer Voltaire Crevin and his right-hand man Trevilian Hawke.


While his sister and Voltaire repeatedly lock horns, Midnight finds himself increasingly drawn to Trevilian. Finally, Voltaire explains they are trying to prevent a weapon of mass destruction from falling into the hands of a ruthless, secret organization, the S.O.R.

With Midnight's help, they take the airship down into an extinct volcano to find that not only does Atlantis still exist, but the weapon is in the hands of the few remaining Atlanteans. But if Voltaire had believed the S.O.R. were ruthless, it's nothing compared to that of the Atlanteans who seek to return to the surface and rule the world using their ultimate weapon: The Leviathan.

Midnight's feelings for Trevilian deepen as they seek a way to stop the Atlanteans and escape from Atlantis. Danger comes in many ways and takes many forms, each more deadly than the last. Can Midnight and Trevilian survive long enough to know whether love never dies?

Thank you for stopping by and reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment