Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Rainbow Awards: Honorable Mention


This year I entered Sunder and Caledonia Destiny into the Rainbow awards. Category winners will not be announced until December but the Honorable Mentions are being listed at the FB event (one or two every couple of days are going up). You can see the list Here.

I was surprised Caledonia Destiny received an honorable mention, (I hoped, I always hoped that someone would like the story) which just made my day.

Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention: 
Caledonia Destiny by Lexi Ander: 

Caledonia Destiny hooked me from page one. I did have an inkling of how things would transpire, but the author twisted the end in such a unique way, I was still surprised at the resolution. The setting was very well balanced, enough description to ground the reader without going overboard. There were a few places where character remarks clouded the setting, but they were few and my mind readily dismissed them. The characters’ depth and growth was masterfully handled. The emotions and reactions felt real, when a book brings me to tears, the loss of Roi, I know I’ve connected to well developed characters. The style is probably my favorite part of the book. I’ve read others that use period spelling, but only in speech. The choice to do so, to research not only changes in spelling but in terminology, was what truly pulled me into Ewen and Roi’s world. The writing style immersed me in this world, compelled me to remain. In summary, this was an excellently composed story, one that draws a reader in so completely that they must blink to remember where they really are.


No comments:

Post a Comment