Saturday, April 28, 2018

What's on the Reading Radar #WishList #TBR

What have I been up to? Well, I have been working on the edits for Caledonia Destiny and sent them back to the editor a couple days ago. (I'm still turning the blurb around in my head. I hate writing blurbs.) Then I started writing Chapter 16 of Assassin's Retirement. I am really behind on those chapters between working on Constant and then Caledonia Destiny, I kept putting it off. Now I can't because I need to have something to post on Tuesday. :)

Reading was pretty good this week. I've been really good at reading books as I pick them up (which is not doing any favors to my old and long TBR books).

Title: Queen Takes Rook
Series: Their Vampire Queen, 4
Author(s): Joely Sue Burkhart
Length
Publisher:

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Pansexual / Bisexual / Vampire / 

Notes: Fuck, yes. Okay, So I posted this a couple of weeks ago but it wasn't out yet. It was released later than anticipated and it came out a couple days ago. I devoured it yesterday. I'm on a book hangover and so not sorry. I started cussing when it hit 98% and the end was eminent. I wanted it to just keep continuing. The last book in the series is out in June, Queen Takes Checkmate. Honestly, I'm so in love with this series and I don't want it to end. 

Blurb: A Reverse Harem Vampire Romance

The epic showdown between the last Isador queen and House Skye begins.

Strengthened by her new queen sib, Shara Isador plans to return to her mansion-in-progress for some much needed rest. She especially wants to get to know her new twin Blood and fears she may have made a mistake in taking them. She does not love them. Yet.

However, the sun god and the queen of New York City have other plans.

The snares are set to capture the young but extremely powerful vampire queen. Someone inside Zaniyah's nest has betrayed them, and Shara's trusted butler calls to inform her that a large package has arrived-from Marne Ceresa, the queen of Rome. A trap, surely. Or could the unknown gift be an olive branch from the feared Triune queen?



Title: Undaunted
Series: 
Author(s): Devin Harnois
Length: 360 pages
Publisher: October Night Publishing (January 23, 2017)

Genre: Romance / Vampire / Werewolves / Historical Fantasy / Gay / 

Notes: I've been on the fence about this because of the content warnings. I bit the bullet and started reading it this week. My biggest hard line is the master/slave in books. But I make exceptions in cases where slavery is being fought. In Undaunted, there are different factions/countries that use slavery, but not the MCs. Kelas (who is a runaway slave) comes from a people who justify slavery but his own slavery to the vampires makes him question his people's justification. I haven't finished the book yet but if the self searching is employed the same way to the other content warnings then I don't feel I'll have a problem. It's actually very good.

Blurb: A warrior’s broken soul.
A vampire’s kind heart.

Kelas Vartorvi escaped from one vampire only to find himself bound to another. Roshan saved his life and honor demands Kelas stays by his side until he repays the debt.

Roshan takes his broody new werewolf bodyguard in stride. Slowly, his relentless good nature begins to break down Kelas’s walls.

And their tentative friendship becomes something more.

An unexpected visitor from Roshan’s past throws them into a political plot and gives Kelas a chance for revenge. But are the gods blessing Kelas, or asking for a sacrifice?

Content warnings: Contains slavery, violence, body control, bottom shaming, misogyny, and rape mentioned in backstory. All sex between the heroes is clearly consensual.


Title: Mr. January
Series: Calendar Men, 1
Author(s): Bailey Bradford
Length: 181 pages
Publisher:

Genre: Romance / Paranormal / Gay /

Notes: 

Blurb: There’s no sense in pussy-footing around when it comes to love.

Albert E. Washington is a nerd and proud of it. He’s a cool cat when he shifts, but for the most part, he’s just a guy who sometimes tapes his glasses together and enjoys quality clothing like bowties and suspenders. When his boss has him acting as an errand boy, Albert finds himself in the middle of a sexy calendar photo shoot. It’s a little too much for him to process and he ends up embarrassing himself.

Gregg is Mr. January—or he will be if the photo shoot ever gets going. Injuring his back when he trips on the set isn’t going to speed things up. The appearance of a seriously hot guy who flips the switch on Gregg’s geeky-man button makes a bad day great. Now, if Gregg can just get Albert to agree to a date, if he doesn’t scare Albert off, if Albert will just pick up on the flirtatious things Gregg says…

That’s a lot of ifs, but Gregg isn’t intimidated by them. He knows his dream man when he meets him. Now all Gregg has to do is survive the photo shoot and convince Albert to give him, and love, a chance.



Title: Dragon's Thief
Series: Blood Prophecy, 1
Author(s): Lili Zander, Rory Reynolds
Length: 109 pages
Publisher:

Genre: Romance / Urban Fantasy / Paranormal / Dragons / Reverse Harem / 

Notes: I liked the sample and for $0.99 thought I'd try it. The completed serial is bundled into one almost 600 page book, Dragon's Fire: A Reverse Harem Romance


Blurb: Stealing from one dragon is lunacy. Stealing from five of them? I must have a death wish.

Contrary to popular opinion, I really don’t have a death wish.

Yes, I’m a thief, but after almost being torn limb from limb by an irate panther shifter, I’ve given up my law-breaking ways. From now on, I’m sticking to the straight and narrow.

Then Drakkar Raedwulf dangles one tempting, yet impossible job in front of me. Steal a gemstone from the five dragon princes.

I’m not a fool, but Silas, the closest thing I have to a father, is gravely ill. He’ll die if I can’t get him the treatment he needs. Treatments that are far more expensive than I can afford with my crappy minimum-wage job.

So I take the job.

And promptly get caught by the five princes. Bastian. Casius. Rhys. Mateo. Erik.

And that’s where my story really begins…

Because the dragons are cursed, and my blood might be the secret to freeing them.

Episode 1 of the reverse harem serial Blood Prophecy. Adult situations. Snarky heroine who likes to swear from time to time. 18+.

***The Blood Prophecy series is now complete. All five episodes have been bundled (along with a bonus Aria story, Dragon's Ghost) into an omnibus edition, Dragon's Fire. If you want to binge-read Aria's story, I recommend getting the full book.***


Title: The Witch Stone
Series: (Court of Ash and Thorn Book 1)
Author(s): Jasmine Hong
Length: 128 pages
Publisher: NineStar Press

Genre: Romance / Fantasy / Gay / 

Notes: 

Blurb: One of the unfortunate truths in life is that if someone dumps a war on your doorstep in the small hours of the morning, well, you’re kind of stuck with it. Especially if that war comes in the form of a mostly naked man and he just happens to be one of the most powerful beings in the city.

And your ex.

Another unfortunate truth: No matter how poorly things ended, you’re going to wind up scraping him up off the cement and dragging him in off your doorstep. And, of course, that’s when the real trouble begins.


Title: Invaded 
Series: Mate Them, 1
Author(s): RJ Richards
Length: 101 pages
Publisher:

Genre: Romance / Sci-Fi / Aliens / Gay / Poly /

Notes: 

Blurb: Danny has been part of the human resistance against the alien invasion since the day they arrived on his ruined planet. But when a daring mission goes awry, Danny is captured by the alien force and taken to the one place he has tried to avoid for so long. Their mothership. And it is a place where humans are known to go but never to return...

The Kal’vo have come to Earth with one mission and one mission only – to breed the remaining humans. Danny is the perfect addition to their breeding stock, and now they have him on their ship they’re going to do everything in their power to ensure that he submits to their demands.

But Danny has no intention of submitting...not to the first alien who comes for him...and certainly not to any of the others that follow. But Danny has never met males like these and it may be that before long, he starts to wonder exactly what he is resisting against…


Thank you for stopping by and reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment