Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Events For The Rest Of The Month

Hey guy! It has been a crazy month. I looked at the calendar last night and had a WTH moment because it specifically stated nine (9) days were left in October. Seriously? Yesterday was October 1st--or that is what it seems like.

The news-y bit for today is that Alpha Trine is spotlighted over at Blak Rayne's blog. Click Here to have a look.

On November 6th, Blak will post an article I wrote. It is about a question that I asked my dad after I lost a pet and how the answer colored how I viewed certain things for several years. I hope ya'll will hop over and read it when it is up.

I know I have been quiet this month. I have been trying to line-edit Striker before sending it off to be read by the beta readers. I'm not happy with the last 2-3 Chapters. I completely chucked one and I'm in the process of rewriting it. I may toss a second chapter and redo it as well. It all depends on how it reads. I am working really hard to get Striker wrapped up by the end of the month.

The other event that happened this month, my sister came to visit from Texas. While everyone I know headed off to GayRomLit in Atlanta I was desperately attempting to get my house cleaned up before we had guest.

I haven't seen her since her wedding in 2007. Now, she is not only a wife but a mom. I have to say it is pretty awesome seeing her in mom-mode. I'm so proud of her.

What was really awesome was the head and chest cold I got the day they left to go back home. So I have been really achy, stuff, coughing, I-just-want-to-crawl-under-the-covers sick starting the beginning of this week. The upside, I didn't give any of my family the cold before they left. Hurray! The downside, edits are crawling along.

Making Halloween Sugar Cookies
All in all, we had a great time. Took the kids to the pumpkin patch, sat down at the dinner table with both my sister's and brother's family, and talked forever and a day about everything. I cried when she arrived and again when she left. I look forward to seeing her again.

So hopefully, everything will be back to normal soon. I think I have my stories picked for NaNoWriMo. My house is really, really clean. And I have enough lasagna to last us for another four to five days.

Me and the nieces on the top, my sister-in-law and sister on bottom

My brother-in-law and me

The husband, nephew, and me

My brother and me

My nephew and me



No comments:

Post a Comment